Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2016, 12:03 PM   #1

pop up bed sheets

Hi fellow Pup owners! Looking to find a source for fitted sheets for our mattresses. 60x80 and 70x80 sizes. Length and width are not too hard to find it is the depth that is the challenge. The mattresses are your standard 4 inch heated units from Rockwood and then have 3 inch memory foam pads on top. Can't seem to find anything that isn't for a 12-18 inch mattress. Tried one of ours from home and way too sloppy by morning. Thanks for any help you can give us.
61cubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:53 PM   #2

I know it sounds crazy, but it WORKS!

So i bought regular sheets, small s hooks, small diameter bungee line, and nylon strapping

I sewed the bottom sheet to the top sheet at the bottom, sewed nylon strapping in a loop design and placed them to the elastic part of the bottom sheets.(3 loops on each side of the fitted sheet, and two loops at the top and bottom of the fitted sheet). I then use the s hooks, and tie the bungee material to them, pull them tight from side to side and top to bottom. I now wake every morning with very well fitted sheets attached to my 4" mattresses. The top sheet never comes out (remember water bed sheets) because its attached to the bottom sheet, and the bottom sheet remains "quarter-bounce tight" at all times due to the bungee web keeping the fitted sheet from moving. Finally, i bought my sewing machine to do this, so it aint pretty, but it works great and you cant see my novice sewing job because everything sits under the mattress.

Hope this helps.
trincinf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 03:08 PM   #3

I got cheap queen size camo sheets from Walmart. They fit both the queen and the "almost" king. Besides, I'm not allowed on the beds anyway.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 04:10 PM   #4

I feel your pain! We have 2 huskies that are the same way, it's a good thing pup's have 2 beds and a dinette bed...lol. Wouldn't have it any other way though, gotta love them.
61cubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 04:12 PM   #5

Sheet Keepers | DrLeonards.com

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:44 AM   #6

We used 2 flannel queen-size sheet sets. One fit our 60x80 side very well (the pockets are a bit deep but they tuck underneath). We had a seamstress alter the other set to fit our 48x80. Presto! Perfect.

We also got a firmer foam for the smaller mattress. It's the 'purple' density...no need for memory foam and DW sleeps much better. We leave the sheets on for a couple trips before washing, the lid closes easily over our fully-made beds.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:29 PM   #7

61cubby, You could try AB Lifestyles. They might have what your looking for. If not, give them a call. They are very nice and try to help you. Good luck!

RV linens & Camper bedding: Sheet sets, mattresses, bedspreads & more. USA made
2012 HD Street Glide
2008 Honda FSC600 Silver wing
hdmtnrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 12:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdmtnrider View Post
61cubby, You could try AB Lifestyles. They might have what your looking for. If not, give them a call. They are very nice and try to help you. Good luck!

RV linens & Camper bedding: Sheet sets, mattresses, bedspreads & more. USA made
Sheet sets for RV mattresses. Specially sized to fit travel trailer mattresses.

x2. We bought 2 sets for our 60 X 80 short queens. These fit right and stay on the thin mattress without any issues.

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 01:04 PM   #9

Mattress sizes

Went to a mattress and found the following sizes that might come very close to your applications.

Short queen: 60x75".
3/4 size: 48x75".
Twin: 35x75".
RV King: 72x80".
Regular Queen: 60x80".
Full size: 53x75".
Regular King: 76x80".
California King: 72x84".
Old 09-02-2016, 02:02 PM   #10

Even in larger campers I've found wacky bed sizes. Nothing matches what we think of as standard sizes. We found a place that makes custom sheets in any size, and they're a good product. Find them at Custom Bedding: Adjustable, Split-Top, RV, X-Long - Deep Pocket Sheets.

We've got two sets of their sheets for our 5th wheel, and they've lasted 7 years so far with a lot of mileage (on the trailer, not the sheets).
DrLewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 03:17 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61cubby View Post
Hi fellow Pup owners! Looking to find a source for fitted sheets for our mattresses. 60x80 and 70x80 sizes. Length and width are not too hard to find it is the depth that is the challenge. The mattresses are your standard 4 inch heated units from Rockwood and then have 3 inch memory foam pads on top. Can't seem to find anything that isn't for a 12-18 inch mattress. Tried one of ours from home and way too sloppy by morning. Thanks for any help you can give us.
See if you can find knitted sheets. I used them on my thin mattresses in my first camper and they are great. You can pull them around the mattress as far as you want and they stay in place. I think I found mine at Walmart. This was a couple of years ago. Otherwise, maybe Amazon.

Karen
TreeLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 04:02 PM   #12

No matter the size, I find they get sloppy. We solved that problem on our short queen by using 2 sets of suspenders. They attach under the mattress: one side from side to side; one set from top to bottom. Yes, they are a pain to put on, but our sheets stay tight. We have an R-Pod so I wrestle the mattress into the aisle and then back on the bed.
DebbieHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 05:35 PM   #13

I sleep on an 80 X 70 with a fitted king sheet tucked in under the mattress with no problem. Sounds like a lot of extra motion to me.
kraftengr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 04:03 PM   #14

Shhets

After seeing The Sheet People for years at the Rosemont RV Show we finally bought sheets two years ago for our Roo mattress. We have a 4" memory foam topper on top of our original mattress and the fitted sheets works great! We decided to buy them for our mattress at home- fit great there too! They do have s website..
justjoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, pop up