Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2014, 12:21 AM   #1

Pop Up Gizmos For Sale

We have decided to trade in our pop up for a rockwood tt. As such the new pop up gizmos I bought I no longer need. I will sell them for 100 plus shipping. They are the super high wind and were cut for a rockwood hw277. I have the two bed covers and slide cover. They have never been used and the king side has been tried on once.

If interested pm me.
scool191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:48 AM   #2

Pop Up Gizmos For Sale

Where are they? In Florida I'm guessing?
gettawaydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:50 AM   #3

I live in the Orlando Fl area
scool191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:38 PM   #4

Sorry to bump an old thread but I think credit where it's due is important plus some info too!
scool191 sent the product exactly as stated as soon as payment was settled. so thanks man for the deal, unlikely our paths will cross being 2k miles apart but you're welcome to a beer or 5 from my cooler anytime.

The pugs for the hw277 he listed fit perfect on a 2318G too, so anyone looking for a cross reference...they work fine.

Put em on and it took about 5 minutes to realize how much they help, little over 80 degrees outside with evening sun on the camper and inside the temp said 75 with nothing but the vent on 1 and the door window cracked...how I wish I had these on my old 77 rockwood that didn't have air.

Be adding velcro to the top tomorrow or sunday to help with setup.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruss01 View Post
Sorry to bump an old thread but I think credit where it's due is important plus some info too!
scool191 sent the product exactly as stated as soon as payment was settled. so thanks man for the deal, unlikely our paths will cross being 2k miles apart but you're welcome to a beer or 5 from my cooler anytime.

The pugs for the hw277 he listed fit perfect on a 2318G too, so anyone looking for a cross reference...they work fine.

Put em on and it took about 5 minutes to realize how much they help, little over 80 degrees outside with evening sun on the camper and inside the temp said 75 with nothing but the vent on 1 and the door window cracked...how I wish I had these on my old 77 rockwood that didn't have air.

Be adding velcro to the top tomorrow or sunday to help with setup.
Velcro was well worth it, especially for me since I'm single and did't get much help from my dog.
And the gizmos work even in the middle of a desert.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:31 AM   #6

covers

I know there has been plenty of discussion on this- good deal gruss! I am a newbie with my rockwood popup and I could not afford the gizmos at present so I bought the space blankets (Cabelas) and tried them out last weekend. I improvised with some bungee straps. It was clear and sunny and hot last weekend and the reflective blankets instantly helped to keep the inside cooler, albeit I had the AC on. It fits one bunk perfectly, a couple of inches short for the other end but I'd say a good investment of 35$. I am going to try the reflectix on the windows as has been suggested on this forum earlier.

2004 GMC Sierra 4x4
Ringbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:39 AM   #7

I already did the reflectix windows, but havent done anything with them but test fit.
I never doubted the PUGS would help but I didn't think they'd help this much.
I was thinking about those space blankets when kicking around buying the PUGS...but I didnt want to have to deal with a bunch of clamps. Then I looked at my cargo straps (not the ratchet ones the ones with the thumb release) and thought, hmm that might be quicker and easier. So just an idea for you to try, since I never bothered when this deal came up.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:01 AM   #8

gizmo

Thanks, gruss! We had a moderate breeze, and with just bungees at the four corners it sufficed. A solution would be to add grommets w/bungees in the sides and then it should be really snug. As skinny as they are the space blankets do the job. I was looking at the reflectix and the local place has a 4'x25' roll for around 40$, I guess this would do for one bunk side windows maybe. Would reflectix work as a gizmo? All the best, we have one more week of school and the it's camping time!

2004 GMC Sierra 4x4
Ringbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:09 PM   #9

You can get both sides with that roll. The side windows slant so once you cut one side flip over template the 2nd one barely needs trimmed out. I got both end windows and queen sides out of a 10ft roll I think. Then got big roll from menards and have a ton leftover... So I made a cooler cover and keep looking for other stuff to do.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 06-01-2014, 01:24 PM   #10
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

The RV looks ok, but I really want the puppy. What's his name?
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:58 PM   #11

Sorry, who would I have to spoil? I call her Tia; however, her full name is Princess Tiara of Moab. But she also answers to screwball and goofy.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:57 PM   #12

So, did you sell your pop up Gizmos?
Giovannic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:40 AM   #13

She is a princess.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags