Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2014, 11:15 AM   #1

Location: PEI, the most beautiful Island in the world...for about 2 months of the year!
Pop UP Toy Haulers call out!

Hey, I'm new to this site. Just purchased a 2008 Flagstaff BR19TH. These are rare pups as I understand it (Banshees, etc). Just wondering if there are other pop up campers out there that haul their toys with them, and how they enjoy them. I race motocross and I can't afford the big 5th wheel toy haulers like everyone else has in the pits. I've always prided myself on being "the only guy in the tent," well this year I'm off the ground! I'm in the Atlantic Canada so it's still nothing but snow banks here (Snow Blizzard last week), so no camping/riding yet!
Kurt194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:50 PM   #2

I have a Flagstaff 228BH (Bike Hauler), but don't haul a bike. I use the front rack area for dual deep cycle batteries, fuel tank, and sometimes wood. I have seen very few of these on the roads....

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:06 PM   #3

I bought a 2013 Flagstaff BR28TSC (two place atv rack on front), and we love it. If not hauling atv's, there's plenty of room for coolers, wood, etc. Looking forward to it warming up so we can get it back out!
sratliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:33 AM   #4

Location: PEI, the most beautiful Island in the world...for about 2 months of the year!
Nice pic f5moab! Do either of you use weight distribution bars? During my negotiation process, I had the dealer include them, but I'm yet to pick it up (may as well have the dealership clearing the snow off it in the off season lol).
Kurt194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:34 PM   #5

No WD needed, but I do have airbags on the rear of both vehicles used for towing.
With the added weight of the dual tanks and dual deep cycle batteries and a full generator gas tank, the hitch weight is 505-515 lbs. But the H3 can handle up to 600 lbs, and the Silverado can handle up to 800 lbs.

However, the decision if a WD is requires has to be based upon your tow vehicle, what it can handle as well as much sag you will get out of the rear suspension of the tow vehicle. And if you put a bike your hitch weight will go up quite a bit; I would guess.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:43 PM   #6

Have alot of fun with our MAC. That is a Polaris 700X2 on the front
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130615-00150.jpg
Views:	676
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	49291  
Attached Images

2013 days camped 16
wayne in florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt194 View Post
Nice pic f5moab! Do either of you use weight distribution bars? During my negotiation process, I had the dealer include them, but I'm yet to pick it up (may as well have the dealership clearing the snow off it in the off season lol).

Kurt- I use a wd hitch. The pup has a dry weight of 3200 lbs, and when loaded w/ water, wood, atv's, etc., my 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 will squat a little. The wd hitch makes for an easier tow, and also provides some added anti-sway peace of mind. Sure, I could still tow without it, but I like it. My two cents...
sratliff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pop up, toy hauler