Old 06-22-2015, 01:52 PM   #11
I like my plastic woven matting. Mine are at least 8 years old. I use them for Ravinia Concert nights also! They keep everything clean. Easy to sweep and when it rains no puddles!! They fold and roll up. Easy to clean.

tstanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 02:06 PM   #12
We use a woven reversible mat that we purchased at Camping World several years ago. The beauty of this mat is it doesn't seem to retain water, drys very quickly and can be used on any type of surface. We just bought an old welcome mat type rug to put by the steps for people to wipe their feet on and it works fine. If it gets dirty, I just take it home and powerwash it and it comes completely clean. See link:

Reversible Leaf Mat 6' x 9' - Green - Four Corners HY20140930-03 - Patio Mats - Camping World

Toadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 02:49 PM   #13
LA-Lower Alabama Resident
This is the one that I purchased and it has worked well so far. I also bought tie down stakes for it. It is easy to sweep off, dries very quickly and comes with a storage bag. It folds up easily for storage.
mysticks1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 03:08 PM   #14
I went to Lowes and bought rubber matting used to soften the feel of concrete. The little bumps take the sand right off the shoes
royboy334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 03:13 PM   #15
I haven't look real hard for them but these things would be good: rubber anti fatigue mats(the ones with the holes). They are about .75" think, won't blow away, easily cleaned, throw in the truck when leaving...

The one's I saw on a few websites were pretty pricey but since most of us here have plenty of money and price is no obstacle...
2012 Flagstaff V Lite 30 WRLTS
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.7 Mag Hemi 3.72 Rearaxle
Nights camped 2015 = 23
Nights camped 2016 = 12!
Bamaganza '16 site A25 Maybe
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 03:21 PM   #16
As long as I'm near a Menards, Home Depot or Lowes, Camping is easy
Toadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 07:44 PM   #17
2016 Shamrock 183 Hybrid
search outdoor camping or rv rug on ebay

We bought our mat off ebay...8x10 for $50.

Folds down to 2x5 then rolls up. Weighs less than 8 lbs. Made of recycled plastic materials and reversible. Sand will shake right out. Sand can also "sift" right through the weave, which means no broom needed during camp stay. When we get home I unfold it on the drive and hose it down. Dash a bucket of soapy water across it and hose it down. Fold it and roll it, stand it on end and in maybe 3 hours on a decent day it's completely dry and ready to store away.

10 years old and looks like new,,many have stake loops at the 4 corners....and weave is such you can push wire tent stakes through anyplace without tearing. Browse and you can find you college colors and many patterns.

We bought a second to put on our screened porch.

I am sure you'll like whatever you end up with. Good luck

sparty047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 09:36 PM   #18
we use the green artificial turf, carpet, we actually have 2 of them. we bought the first on way back in 1995 or so in South Dakota, and it has been thru all these years traveling with the Air Force, (t texas, florida and now in WVfor retirement) we recently bought another one to go with it. and believe or not, when laying side by side, we can't tell which is the new on and which is the old one. a wonderful investment I think. I have noticed that the rugs being sold now (the woven kind) when unfolded the weave is separated and looks bad. ours it doesn't and it keeps the dirt out of the camper. I have seen room size precut ones of the green grass rugs like ours sold at big box stores such as Lowe's for a lot less than the rv mats are being sold for.
ValMelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 09:51 PM   #19
Check, they offer a smaller size that sounds like what you are looking for. Some campgrounds don't allow the 'astro turf' kinda carpet because it kills the grass. The new woven plastic ones do not.
Danny & Darlene
2002 Silverado 1500HD
2014 Rockwood 2703WS 'Emerald Pkg'
Days camped 2015=42 2014=48 2013=41 2012=47 2011=18
dannyabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:09 AM   #20
I know that I'm overkill, but I use 3 different things all combined. With 5 of us, I do my best to limit the amount of stuff that gets tracked in the camper. First I put down the typical camper mat. I have discovered that just the mat can create problems when it rains, with pooling water on uneven ground. So, on top of the mat I use these interlocking teak squares. U-Snap Interlocking Teak Wood Floor Tiles, Set of 10 - Transitional - Deck Tiles And Planks - by Cortesi Home Last, I have an outdoor doormat at the bottom step.

No Longer Newbies

2016 Trips:15 Nights:39
2015 Trips:13 Nights:29
2014 Trips:13 Nights:31
CarolinaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote