Old 05-28-2015, 07:32 PM   #1
Power lift system will lower but not raise

Any one have any experience with this? We lowered the trailer then went to raise it and nothing. We hand cranked it up a bit then tried raising more and nothing, but the motor would lower the roof. We have replaced the switch but nothing. Any advice?

pauladb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:46 PM   #2
I had my 50amp overload go bad which caused the same issue. This is usually at the battery connection on the positive terminal. Mine would go up an inch then there would be a faint click sound and it would stop raising. I made sure all grease fittings, posts and cable gears were greased as well. You could remove the overload to see if it moves up however DO NOT use the lift without this device. Hope this helps.

MohicanJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:47 PM   #3
Could be the high limit switch is stuck closed, wire disconnected or just not working.

The adjustment bolt as shown in the photo, slides to the left as the roof is raised. When the head of that bolt hits up and pushes in the plunger switch on the high limit switch, the top stops moving up.
If the plunger switch on the high limit switch is stuck closed, roof will not go up. If one or both of the two wires are disconnect, broken, etc., then the roof will not go up.
If the switch itself has failed...switch won't go up.

Personally, I would check the wires, then see if the plunger switch is free to move back and forth in the high limit switch. Possibly bypass both wires to the switch.

More info such as wiring to the high and low limit switches from the main switch.
Power winch
Trailer: Lifted 228BH, heavy duty springs and Yokohama tires
TV: 2016 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 CC, SLT
Spare TV: Two Alaskan Malamutes

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 11:41 PM   #4
Unfortunately, the diagram above doesn't look anything like the power winch in our trailer. We have a 2003 Flagstaff 625D with a Goshen Stamping lift system. I can't tell where the limit switches are on the winch. Can anyone help?
pauladb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 06:24 AM   #5
Is the winch a Carefree of Colorado Power Winch? If so, there are allen head set screws under the cover which can be set to give you stop limits on the raising and lowering. The manual available online shows how to do this.
Snaccarato is offline   Reply With Quote