As I state in another thread, my lift has struggled since I purchased it in February. On our first outing this weekend the roof only lifted about 75%. When we returned from our trip, it wouldn't lift at all.
I replaced the battery, still no luck.
But I noticed based on the way it was acting that it seemed like the switch might be the issue. So I took the cover off and "jiggled" the switch wires, and it worked! But intermittently. And it was sparking.
I noticed that one of the terminals connected to the battery was missing tape and now it only works when that exposed terminal touches metal. See video below.
WP 20140506 17 21 00 Pro1 - YouTube
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iBkr8AaU2vs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>