Old 06-05-2014, 01:20 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousin_eddie View Post
We just got a 2514g, and our winch is really loud as well. Our dealer told us it was normal, but I didn't really buy it until I heard another one doing the same thing. Checked mine over and there wasn't really anything wrong with it.
Good to hear that I'm not the only one! Thanks for letting me know. Being new to the whole trailer scene (coming from tents) it sounds really loud to me!

I'm going to do a new post/thread asking folks about manual winches as it sure would be nice to not have the noise of the electric winch. I don't know how I could leave early in the morning from a campground and not feel badly about waking people up with that darn winch noise/racket!

Meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:40 AM   #12

My 2012 24516g had the worm drive.......My 2014 2516g has the newer lift motor and I can tell you it is a bit louder but it is also faster compared to the earlier model. It raises the top in under 30 secs. I can live with sound for that amount of time.

Old 06-05-2014, 12:58 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor43 View Post
My 2012 24516g had the worm drive.......My 2014 2516g has the newer lift motor and I can tell you it is a bit louder but it is also faster compared to the earlier model. It raises the top in under 30 secs. I can live with sound for that amount of time.
It's true, 30 seconds is not very long! I just cringe when all I can hear, before operating the winch, are birds that early in the morning !

Thanks for letting me know about both of your winches.

Meeks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power