Old 04-15-2016, 01:17 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Remark777 View Post
Thanks for the input. Sounds like I need to get in habit of disconnecting electric to trailer when stopped for a long stretch. Also do believe new battery on TT will fix much of this issue. Do you need a certain type of battery to use with solar panels?
With your truck off, take a volt meter and probe your connection on the truck to see if you have power there all the time. Then you will know if you 'have to' un plug the trailer if stopped for any length of time. If there is 'no' power with the truck off, now turn it on and probe the plug, and see if you now have power.

Is your Alternator on your truck putting out the correct voltage to charge your battery, camper stuff, and camper battery, etc. (13.5 v +)

With your truck running and your camper plugged into it, check the out put to the battery. Is it charge above 12 v?

Have both the truck and camper battery's charged up by a battery charger and then take them to a Auto Zone/ O'Reilly and have each 'load tested'.

As for your propane leak, look for a cross threaded connection (had one on mine). The installers are in a hurry and will slam them together and not 'check for leaks'.

imo, don't use your propane until you find the leak.....

Brother Les

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 02:46 PM   #12
Propane issue

Thanks for the info on testing out battery load. Will give that a try, though still need believe a new battery for TT will help this issue. As for the propane, my propane guys are coming out Monday to fill my residential tank. They are going to check out the propane connection and tanks on the trailer for me. While they may still send me off to an rv store (nearest one is about 70 miles away) they may well be able to fix this issue.

Remark777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 04:21 PM   #13
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
Sorry it has taken so long to get back on this.
I wasn't implying the battery in the TV is bad, but many GM's do not disconnect the battery power to the TT connector when the key is turned off. This means that if your TT has a bad battery or the TT battery simply runs down, it will draw power from your TV until it will no longer start. To avoid this, simply disconnect the TT power cord from the truck when the rig is sitting for any length of time. It is normal to disconnect the TV from the TT whenever camp is set, anyway.
Ok. I understand. Mine does stay hot at all times.

Trailer: Lifted 228BH, heavy duty springs and Yokohama tires
TV: 2016 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 CC, SLT
Spare TV: Two Alaskan Malamutes

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote