Old 03-09-2015, 01:51 AM   #11

Little late to the thread on this one but recently got a 2015 2514G. It's got cutouts for a WDH and only one propane tank.

I've considered getting a dual propane setup but am concerned the plate would block the cutouts.

Did you end up getting this resolved? If so which way did you go?

My TV is a 4Runner rated for 7000lbs so a WDH might be overkill but I like the idea of having one for longer trips. Have a 10/11 hr drive to Yellowstone planned for early June. Wyoming gets really really windy.

Am considering an Andersen hitch.

Bonus points if you post up some pictures of your finished setup!

Old 03-09-2015, 08:30 AM   #12

I'm more curious if you had any sway, if you didn't install the wdh.

I have driven through WY, ID, CO, UT, AZ, NM and never had any sway with a lifted 228BH. Have actually driven at times when the rolled up awning is standing upright on the mounts from the wind hitting the sides.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondoggled View Post
Little late to the thread on this one but recently got a 2015 2514G. It's got cutouts for a WDH and only one propane tank.

I've considered getting a dual propane setup but am concerned the plate would block the cutouts.

Did you end up getting this resolved? If so which way did you go?

My TV is a 4Runner rated for 7000lbs so a WDH might be overkill but I like the idea of having one for longer trips. Have a 10/11 hr drive to Yellowstone planned for early June. Wyoming gets really really windy.

Am considering an Andersen hitch.
We tow our Rockwood A122 with a Hyundai minivan. A test drive in the dealer's lot when we took delivery convinced me a WDH would be a very good thing to have (I have never owned/used one before). The dealer suggested the Equal-i-zer (600/6000 model), and he agreed to provide and install same for $300.

We had dual propane tanks/dual batteries on the tongue from the beginning, so the dealer had to raise the tank platform 2" to fit the bar supports. Even then, the bar supports are just inside their minimum recommended distance - hence the heavier bars than our weights would otherwise dictate.

Result tows like a dream, not the nightmare sway and rear end sag we got into occasionally with our old 2000 Coleman Westlake/1992 Ford Explorer combination. Minivan rides pretty much the same as without the trailer. Wife is quite content with the ride, even in the Colorado Rockies. Yes, there is some groaning when we make sharp turns at low speeds. I'm glad to hear it - tells me the WDH/anti-sway is working.

I may be able to get some pictures this week.

Fred W
2014 Rockwood A122 (A-frame)
2008 Hyundai Entourage
2014 Rockwood A122
Old 03-26-2015, 12:06 PM   #14

This is what I did on my 2014 Rockwood Freedom 1910

Old 03-28-2015, 02:02 PM   #15

I have noticed that the new Rockwoods are coming with the cut outs in them so you can mount the equalizer WDH. My unit has it and it was a breeze to install.

Good luck.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch, propane, tank, weight