Old 06-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
Unhappy Quality going down or did I get a lemon?

I traded in my 2003 Flagstaff 227 at end of season last year for a 2013 Flagstaff 227 Mac
I am constantly having to bring it in to get things fixed.
My older camper had thicker mattresses, thicker vinyl (tenting and under the dinette cushions) and lined curtains.
So far I've had to have the wall by the U shaped dinette fixed- the wood warped (no leaks so that was not the cause), staples fixed- they were coming out of the plywood by the by the access door at the end of U shaped dinette by door, end stop fixed for one of the bed slides (twice actually), camper not feeding off battery (twice), tears in the vinyl under dinette cushions (nothing protruding to have caused this), tears in the tenting vinyl, and now I'm having a problem with the tenting coming out of the track at ceiling on the wall along where the fridge is!
The dealer has told me the tenting coming out of the track issue is common to tent campers. They said to lower the camper a little, tuck tenting back into track and raise camper back up. Yes, that's easy enough to do, but I shouldn't be having to do this on a new camper!
I'm not buying what the dealer is telling me- the plastic track along the ceiling is not snugly holding the tenting.
Is this poor workmanship or did I get a lemon? I don't want to have to keep tucking the tenting in at the ceiling! We've only used it 3 times since we got it and kept it in the garage during the winter. It's a new camper!
My 2003 didn't have any of these problems- were they just made better back then?!
[/SIGPIC]Happy Camper
brdbrain2day is offline   Reply With Quote