Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2018, 09:32 PM   #1

Exclamation Replacment wood cover over shoilet 2516g

Hey guys, new to this site as I just purchased a 2516g from my father-in-law that has two gimped up knees. Lucky for me lol. Anyhow, the last time he used it, he lost his footing and fell through that wooden cover over the toilet shower combo! I have been scouring the net, trying to find some sort of oem replacement veneer piece etc etc to again keep the theme with the interior instead of getting some piece of ghetto pine or black melamine plywood. Any takers? TIA GUYS!!!!
Wusthof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 07:30 AM   #2

Other than going through a dealer I don't know where you'd find a replacement. When I had a pop-up and had to rebuild the galley cabinet, I used Baltic birch plywood. I took a piece of cabinet to a paint store to match the stain. It all looked original.
Keystoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:48 PM   #3

Thx....yea I read a bunch on staining a piece of wood. The prob is the top has the veneer on it. A little door.....np but this is one big hunk of wood/surface area. I dunno if I could look at that much DIY cherry stain.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:07 AM   #4

2516g shoilet cover

My father in law blew out the wood piece that folds down over the shoilet..... Any one have a clue where to find another laminated piece to match the rest of the trailer? I can screw in a piece of plywood but........ Tia
Old 05-06-2019, 06:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wusthof View Post
My father in law blew out the wood piece that folds down over the shoilet..... Any one have a clue where to find another laminated piece to match the rest of the trailer? I can screw in a piece of plywood but........ Tia
I think the bigger issue is to get your father in law to a doctor.

Why don't you call Forest River to get a replacement part. If that doesn't work, check some of the RV salvage yards or salvage parts dealers.

Good luck.
2024 Black Jeep Grand Cherokee L Altitude 4WD, 121" WB, 3.6L, 8 speed, Blacked Out Package, 265/50R20 wheels, 6,200# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716G Pop Up, with a 14' box. Go through Indiana Dunes NP 5X/week! Previously had 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH and 2008 Jayco Jay Flight 19BH Travel Trailers. Also previously had 2007 Starcraft 2406 Pop Up with 12' box and bathroom, Previously had 2005 Rockwood 2290 Pop Up with 12' box and porta potty cabinet.
Mike91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 08:52 PM   #6

Yea.....he's ok. He's just a big guy, lost his footing and all 350+lbs landed right on target. I'll check with forest River as I think I tried searching for Rockwood stuff with no avail. Thx
Old 05-06-2019, 09:37 PM   #7
Site Team

The site team is merging this thread with one the OP already has on the same subject matter from over a year ago.

As per the site guidelines:

Do not post the same discussion topic more than once or in several areas of the forum.

Thanks

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 01:21 PM   #8

Sorry...forgot I posted last year and fell upon it yesterday....didn't know what to do....
Old 07-23-2019, 09:57 AM   #9
Dixon's Last Resort

Unhappy

We (errr....I) broke our cabinet toilet lid as well on our 2014 BR28TSC the first rip out this summer.
I ordered one thru a local FOREST RIVER dealer. No word on exactly WHEN it's going to get here.

The $$$ was about $92 , but the shipping was ridiculous as Forest River won't ship direct to customers - only to dealers. My "closest" dealer is over 3 hrs away in Grand Forks ND. so I get hit twice
When it's all said & done - close to $175 bucks total.

So lesson learned - don't kneel on lid. Yep got it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	busted1.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	497.3 KB
ID:	210612  
cupsz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:14 AM   #10

Thx a bunch.....yea being in Canada, I might get fooked twice as hard, but nice to know they are available for order. Now I just have to figure out where to order it from..... the RV dealers I've dealt with locally are total a$$holes! thx for sharing!!
Old 07-24-2019, 10:09 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupsz71 View Post
We (errr....I) broke our cabinet toilet lid as well on our 2014 BR28TSC the first rip out this summer.
I ordered one thru a local FOREST RIVER dealer. No word on exactly WHEN it's going to get here.

The $$$ was about $92 , but the shipping was ridiculous as Forest River won't ship direct to customers - only to dealers. My "closest" dealer is over 3 hrs away in Grand Forks ND. so I get hit twice
When it's all said & done - close to $175 bucks total.

So lesson learned - don't kneel on lid. Yep got it.
Forest River definitely shipped to me. Cost about $35 for two boxes. one with the Bunk fans ($25 each) and some small bits and a 7 foot tube with the bunk end plastic retainers and the "velstick" hard velcro that the tent sticks to.

I would absolutely talk to them but odds are they won't be able to match the material anymore if its a few years old :/

Info Here: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...al-188390.html
flyerdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 10:26 AM   #12

Did you guys go thru their website ForestRiver.
Com etc, or go thru a local dealer?
Old 07-24-2019, 10:27 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wusthof View Post
Did you guys go thru their website ForestRiver.
Com etc, or go thru a local dealer?
Click the link in my post just above your last... contact info is there.
Old 07-24-2019, 11:29 AM   #14
Dixon's Last Resort

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerdp View Post
Forest River definitely shipped to me. Cost about $35 for two boxes. one with the Bunk fans ($25 each) and some small bits and a 7 foot tube with the bunk end plastic retainers and the "velstick" hard velcro that the tent sticks to.

I would absolutely talk to them but odds are they won't be able to match the material anymore if its a few years old :/

Info Here: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...al-188390.html
I'll remember that for next time. This is my 2nd camper, but I didn't purchase locally like I did my first '96 STARCRAFT 2608 back in 2006. I drove over 500 miles to DULUTH MN to get this one.
I tried going thru a local RV dealership, but they were not interested in helping me - why? I can only assume because I didn't buy thru them and after multiple emails & phone calls with no results I gave up.
So I "googled" FOREST RIVER DEALERS and the closet one was in Grand Forks.
They were extremely helpful, in tracking down the correct door and making sure it was in stock (I sent pics for reference)
When it was confirmed that it was available, I tried to have it shipped to me directly, but was "told" it had to go thru them
I didn't argue too much as I need the door lid.
But thanks for posting the links. If I run into a situation again for direct replacement parts I'll go that route.
cupsz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 11:38 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupsz71 View Post
I'll remember that for next time. This is my 2nd camper, but I didn't purchase locally like I did my first '96 STARCRAFT 2608 back in 2006. I drove over 500 miles to DULUTH MN to get this one.
I tried going thru a local RV dealership, but they were not interested in helping me - why? I can only assume because I didn't buy thru them and after multiple emails & phone calls with no results I gave up.
So I "googled" FOREST RIVER DEALERS and the closet one was in Grand Forks.
They were extremely helpful, in tracking down the correct door and making sure it was in stock (I sent pics for reference)
When it was confirmed that it was available, I tried to have it shipped to me directly, but was "told" it had to go thru them
I didn't argue too much as I need the door lid.
But thanks for posting the links. If I run into a situation again for direct replacement parts I'll go that route.
I bought used from the former owner and we only have one popup dealer anywhere near us in Texas and its still 1.5 hours away. Most of the dealers I ran across did not sell a pop up. I just decided to ask if FR had a parts dept. and was given customer service contacts.

Which reminds me I need to get a hold of TJ Snuggles (tent manufacturer) since they havent replied in a few weeks :/

Tags
cover