Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2017, 09:08 PM   #1

Resale values

I'm looking to sell my 2005 Rockwood premier 2302 popup camper. I have no idea what it's worth. I paid $4500 for it 4 years ago. I checked NADA, but I am not 100% sure what was standard equipment on these campers back then. According to NADA.com the 2302 included an awning, 3-way refrigerator, bath vent and 17BTU furnace along with what was standard. My camper has the following items which I'm guessing were not standard:

Air Conditioner
Outside Shower
Toilet / Shower Combo
Spare Tire and Carrier (again this may have been standard)

I found this website which seems to indicate what items were standard on the Rockwood campers in 2005.

2005 Forest River Rockwood - Tent Trailer | RVWeb.com

The camper is in good shape. I took it to a local Rockwood dealership and them go all over it and had them test everything. I plugged in what I thought was the added equipment on NADA.com and it came up with an average retail value of $3,895. I'm thinking of asking between $3500. I'm wondering if that is a good asking price.
Old 06-04-2017, 09:14 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

I have found that "book value" is only a reference. When I was going to sell my camper, I was getting offers way below what the "book" said. I decided it was worth more to me than what was being offered.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 09:49 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

When I sell a trailer I look at nada.com, rvtrader.com and check craigslist.com within a couple hundred miles of my location for prices on the same trailer and similar trailers to what I'm selling. I learned to start on the high end but know what my bottom dollar to accept was. I would come down a little at a time when necessary. the local market will determine what you can get so as long as you pay attention to that you can price appropriately. Including some items (ie fresh water hose, levelers, chocks sewer hose if applicable etc) to make it ready to camp can help too.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 10:06 PM   #4
Site Team

I found a 2006 brochure online.
It lists all the things standard each model, including the Premier.
You should be able to use it to figure a more accurate NADA value.

You don't add value for things and so-called standard packages. It shows that the outside shower and grill are standard.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote