Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2011, 01:00 PM   #1

Rockwood 1910 canvas ripping

Has anyone else have their canvas starting to rip. Mine is starting to come apart on the skirt, service side and door side. It is being caused by the velrco not staying together during windy conditions. This is causing the skirt to go upto an almost horizantal position leaving the canvas to come apart at the inside corner of the four posts. Does anyone else have this problem and has forest river done anything for you.
WReinhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:26 AM   #2
Site Team

it is a popup, correct? is it still under warranty? you didn't post the year so not sure if it is.
the canvas has its own separate warranty. the canvas on our hybrid, has a 5 or 6 year warranty from the company that made it.
if it's a popup, you might want to post a similar question in the Tent Camper section here at FRF, since not all members read this section.
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:46 AM   #3
Site Team - Lou

Well a hundred year old rockwood would certainly be expected to rip by now!
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:20 PM   #4

Glenn & Beth (Dad & Mom)
David & Audra (16 year old twins)
2006 Dodge Power Wagon (Adventure & Tow Vehicle)
2006 Rockwood 8281SS (Home away from Home)
Glenn5995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #5

Our windows ripped at the zipper. It's either a 2009 or 2010. The dealer took a picture and sent it to Forest River and three weeks later when we checked they said FR said it probably wasn't under warranty. So now we're having to fix it ourselves.
ceeotters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #6
Site Team

ceeotters, the canvas on our Roo came with a 5 or 6 year warranty from the manufacturer.
ours were made by T.J. Snuggles in Indiana.

you don't mention whether you have a popup or hybrid, nor which model you have.
pics would also help.
are you the original owner?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
Old 05-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #7

We are the original owners. It's a pop-up. We bought it brand spanking new in December of 2009. So far the windows have ripped at the zipper, the sink hose has split, the heater has died, and now the power lifter doesn't. So I can't give you pictures because we can't lift it up. My husband tried doing it manually but it was torture and hardly lifted at all.
ceeotters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #8
Site Team

the furnace and canvas both have their own separate warranties. the power lift should also.

go through your paperwork and you should be able to find contact info.
our canvas had a care/maintenance sheet in with the owner's manual and there's also a tag sewn inside one of the ends, with the manufacturer's name.

doesn't sound like your dealer is very helpful. even if you bought the extra 1 year warranty from FR, you're already past the 2 year mark, so FR sees it as an issue with the manufacturer of those things.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
Old 05-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #9

When you set up your tent trailer it is important that nothing is stressing. When I had mine I was not setting the jacks first because it is so easy to cause a deformation . The frame on these trailer is very weak and if you jack more on one side it will show right away on your fabrics. Also when I set up I dont open the bed all the way at first. After all the velcro are attached and zippers you can finish with the jacks set up and very important to not overstress the frame.
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote