Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #1

Rockwood 2516g - new to me!

I just purchased a 2004 2516G and I have two questions as I check things out before going out with it.

1. Does anyone know where the water filter is hidden? All the specs I can find for this model indicate there is a canister style water filter, but I haven't found it yet. Is it hidden behind a panel that I need to remove?

2. The mfg info sheet that was in the buyer's original documents indicate there is a safety switch that cuts off the 12v supply internally when the camper top is down. Does anyone know where this switch is located? I have strong reason to believe that mine is no longer working (or is not adjusted correctly to trip when the top is down).

Thanks in advance for any help!

Kevin
RRkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #2

I'm interested in the answer to #1 myself. As for #2, Isn't' there a dead-man switch between the top & bottom of the galley? In other words, if the galley is raised, and sitting in the deployed position, it should be depressed and 12V should be working.
2318GMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #3

For #1 - Check underneath your couch across from your galley. Ours is a 2011 2516G and is all the way to the right under the couch.

As for #2 our dead-man's switch is mounted on the top of the lower box of the galley. We also have a rocker switch near the converter that can turn the 12v lights on/off.

What makes you think your dead-man's switch isn't working? The reason I ask is that the CO and/or the propane leak detectors run all the time and can drain a 12v battery over the course of a month or so.

good luck!
Appfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #4

Thanks for your reply. I discovered this weekend that the PO had removed the filter and replaced it with a straight section of pipe (I'm guessing freeze damage to the original filter because I also found part of the original housing under there as well!).

For the kill switch, I have a light fixture with partially melted lenses and so I'm sure they overheated in a closed position (plus I tested the switch this weekend and the lights still turn on with the galley lowered and the switch pressed). I'll be heading to radio shack for a new switch!

Thanks again. Enjoy your '11 model!

Kevin
RRkevin is offline   Reply With Quote