Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #1

Rockwood Hard side A-Frame Window Cracks

My new three day old A122 has developed cracks in all of the corners of the tinted roof window, they appear to be stress cracks. Does anybody else have this problem? The back of the sink also has a small crack. I guess the dealer will be getting a call tomorrow.

Here are some pics....

Sink

2016 A122 SXR (New)

2016 Toyota Tacoma DCLB
Mike G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:47 PM   #2

Yikes!!!

I'll be keeping an eye on that on my new A126. Keep us posted with the results of your call to the dealer.
Jeep4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:11 PM   #3

Looks like stress cracks from overtightening the fastners.

That's a lot of caulking and silicone as well! I have not seen that much applied before. I wonder if there was some over zealousness involved between the over tightening of the screws and then a super liberal application of caulk and silicone?

Might be the sink is overtightened to the base as well?

I think you sometimes see this when power tools are used for fastening instead of hand tools. The fasteners get over torqued.
rawlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:33 PM   #4

Hey Mike - did you talk to your dealer today? Curious as to what they said and how they are handling the issues.
gsocamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsocamper View Post
Hey Mike - did you talk to your dealer today? Curious as to what they said and how they are handling the issues.
I e-mailed the service manager the pic`s and I gave him a call this morning. He said no problem at all,they will fix it. He said he will order the parts and that when they come in they will fix it. I really can`t complain about that response, I just hope the repair is done right and that it does not happen again.
This camper really makes me want to camp more, it is so easy to get everything setup; Convenience makes a difference.

I will keep you posted on the final out-come and how the repair turns out.

2016 A122 SXR (New)

2016 Toyota Tacoma DCLB
Mike G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:13 PM   #6
Mostly Harmless

Mike, I'm sorry to hear about the problem with the bubble window and sink. If it's any consolation, I think the problems shouldn't reappear, once they're fixed. I base this on 8 months and 7,000 miles with our A128. We've weathered three gales in it, the most recent right on the shore of Lake Superior, which has legendary storms. We just returned from a 2600 mile trip through the U.P. of Michigan, giving the camper a really good shakedown. We're still loving it, and once the overeager installer's damage to your unit is fixed, I'm sure you'll have a ball with it.
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a-frame