Old 06-02-2014, 07:49 AM   #1
Angry Rockwood HW256 Popup Canvas Mold Removal ??

HI Everyone... Looking for some tips. We have a 2009 Rockwood HW256 popup camper. Its the big boy highwall guy. We had him winterized at the dealer and they did a 24 point inspection. During that time they broke my faucet with they replaced but they didn't do a very good job on their inspection because when they closed the ceiling fan they locked it and then closed it so it leaked all winter. We only got it back a month ago and just opened it because another part they ordered for it was on back order. Long story short we opened it yesterday and the rear bunk end canvas and the front is covered in big black mold. Water was still dripping in the fan. I am just sick over it. I called the dealership this morning and I am waiting for a return call this morning. They did a horrible job and didnt even screw the caps back onto the gray and blackwater pipes. Needles to say until we can get a new canvas he is just smelling and Im afraid the mold is contaminating the rest of the camper. Any ideas on how to contain it and keep it from stinking the rest of the camper up ?

lillyschmiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:34 AM   #2
You can go to a marine dealer to get something to clean the canvas as they deal with that issue all the time.

Mark & Barb
2013 8289WS Platinum Pkg
2008 F350 King Ranch CC 6.4
2013 nights camped 35
MarcusN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:58 PM   #3
check your roof vent for crack in caulking

we have a problem with mold in our 2009 hw 256 the roof vent caulking was cracked inspected many times to see where the water was comming from before i noticed a small line where the vent met the roof was cracked.
bleurt is offline   Reply With Quote

mold, rockwood, pop up