Old 07-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #101
Incheon, S. Korea

I wonder what happened...

BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaron View Post
I wonder what happened...
All. Sorry I have been unable to reply. Been playing with my new toy. Unable to post pictures from my phone as iOS7 beta 3 keeps crashing when sending pictures. I will upload from the computer soon! This camper is MASSIVE!

Old 07-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #103

Congrats Corey on your camper, It is a Massive popup,, I have the 2013, HW296, just got back from a 10 day trip with it. Was a great trip.

Rockwood HW296
2011 Ram 1500 5.7
FloridaParks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:32 AM   #104

Congrats, you finally got it! I guess massive is a relative term, but these 16' box high-walls are the 40' fifth wheels of the pop-up world.

Bob
2013 Rockwood HW296
w4drr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:23 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4drr View Post
Congrats, you finally got it! I guess massive is a relative term, but these 16' box high-walls are the 40' fifth wheels of the pop-up world. Bob
No kidding. so many people stop to look and even ask questions about it. It looks good! First mod I've already done is added Velcro to the seat cushions so they stay against the wall and don't fall down.

That was really my only complaint about the camper. I cannot find all the water valves to/from the water tanks through. To do stuff like seal off the hot water tank or can I not do that?
Old 07-13-2013, 01:50 PM   #106

Your right about the cushions, mine was doing the same thing, I'm not sure about the water valve question.

Rockwood HW296
2011 Ram 1500 5.7
FloridaParks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:53 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaParks View Post
Your right about the cushions, mine was doing the same thing, I'm not sure about the water valve question.
Does your water heater just auto fill?
Old 07-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #108

Hi. Just wanted to add my five cents. I purchased my HW296 last year with all options for 13.500 out the door,including Tax, and Plates. I got it from Terrytown RV in grand rapids michigan. It is the 2013 model. I like it, but not as much as I hoped I would. Curtains were to short to catch the valcro at the bottom. each curtain differant length. The day we picked it up the fridge was defective, so they had to order a new fridge for us. The door is a pain to install. It is as if it's wider than the opening. The door support on the wall that holds the door in travel broke off the wall. The screws are just put into thin wall board. Living in michigan it has to be winterized each season. What a job that is. remove panel under couch to get to the bypass valves for water heater. You have to remove the shelf in your cuboard to get to the pump to winterize, or if you want to add a bypass valve. The shelf almost breaks trying to get it out. Really no thought given to the owner that wants to save money doing his own service.We took delivery of our unit last of august last year. Used it 2 times before storing it in our pole barn for the winter. Took it out to go camping over tthe 4th this month. While camping it rained and we got water coming into the camper thru the roof vent around the flange, not thru the plastic cover.Called Forest river warranty people, and was told that is not covered under the warranty. The owner is responsible for all sealents from day one. check twice a year and seal if needed. It says this in your owners manual. For a camper that has a list price of over 21000 you would think the quality would be better. And you would think the factory would have more compassion for us after we make our purchase,especially in the one year warranty period.How cheap can you get that you wouldn't pull the vent, reseal it and reinstall. What ever happened to customer service? The dealer wouldn't help me out either.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:22 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Straker View Post
Does your water heater just auto fill?
The water heater will fill if the bypass valve is not set in bypass. If it is set in bypass, you have to lift the couch seat and remove the access panel by removing a couple of screws. I would hope, since it is summer, they had already de-winterized it for you and took care of the bypass valve.

Bob
2013 Rockwood HW296
w4drr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #110
Incheon, S. Korea

Still no pics? I'm bummed.

BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote