Old 06-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4drr View Post
Actually, I had seen the reviews. Tom Raper was the closest place I could find that had the HW296 or it's Flagstaff twin in stock, so I took my chances. Given the distance, I wasn't planning on using them for any service work, so that was taken out of the equation. The overall experience with them was good, so I have no complaints. It has been my experience, there is not a dealer around that doesn't have some bad press on the internet from disgruntled customers. Some, of course, more than others. Bob
I read them all, lucky for them I work less than half a mile down the road at Superior Acura. I know the finance manager, Pete, at the Fairfield location. I'm not too worried. I won't purchase their extended warrantee though. I'm not dealing with their parts or service department.

They don't want to screw with me when it comes to price and what not, as a sales consultant I know the tricks dealerships play, adding a few bucks here and there and running up financing rates. Proud to say I don't do that.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4drr View Post
We went through Tom Raper in Richmond, IN. Interestingly, our price was also $15500. Bob G
Hey Bob, do you run a generator? I'm not buying one yet, but if I were, do I need a inverter generator or can I get away with a conventional generator? To run like A/C, the TV, etc.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:25 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Straker View Post
Hey Bob, do you run a generator? I'm not buying one yet, but if I were, do I need a inverter generator or can I get away with a conventional generator? To run like A/C, the TV, etc.
No, I don't have a generator. I always camp where there is at least electric and water. If I were to get one, though, I would get one of the inverter types such as Honda or equivalent.
Also, I might pass along something. A few days ago someone on this thread mentioned changing out the shower sprayer to an Oxygenics. I had bought one a while back, and this weekend we went camping and got to try it out for the first time. I must say both myself and the better half were impressed. It does make it seem like there is higher flow and higher pressure. I highly recommend it. I doubt if you will be happy with the supplied el cheapo shower head. Also, due to the nature of the phone booth shower stall, where you have to surround yourself with a shower curtain, you cannot hang the shower sprayer on the wall like a tradional shower. I solved the problem by attaching a shower wand holder to a large magnet and attaching a small 4" square piece of steel to the shower wall. The magnet holder then sticks to the steel plate through the shower curtain. Works great.

Bob
2013 Rockwood HW296
w4drr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:37 PM   #44

So you guys are only paying $15--- something for your HW296? Does that come with everything? Is it 2014? How did you get such a low price? We haven't officially bought ours but they have it for 17900. The invoice with all the options showed list of 21 something. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 06-30-2013, 07:56 PM   #45
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by spugmire View Post
So you guys are only paying $15--- something for your HW296? Does that come with everything? Is it 2014? How did you get such a low price? We haven't officially bought ours but they have it for 17900. The invoice with all the options showed list of 21 something. Am I doing something wrong?
WOW! you can get a hybrid TT for less than that.
i've seen people get a 21'-23' brand new HTT for less than $17,900.

what area of the country do you live? if you're anywhere near the Midwest, you should be getting prices much less.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #46

Utah
Old 06-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #47

The invoice from FR shows $22030.95 Suggested Retail.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:06 PM   #48

Here is the invoice. We have not paid for it yet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2721039590.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	34320
Old 06-30-2013, 10:20 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by spugmire View Post
Here is the invoice. We have not paid for it yet.
I will directly upload my quote of $15500 from Ton Raper and you can show it to them, they are trying to jack the price up. Mine has every single option available. MSRP: $21---, retail here was $17,995, I offered $15,500 for a showroom and my offer was accepted.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:27 PM   #50

That sounds great. Thank you!