Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2012, 01:08 AM   #1

roof adjustment

2010 Forest River Flagstaff Mac 205 popup. My roof does not go up enough to fit the door in easily, I have to push roof up by hand to get top of door under where it should be. I feel roof needs to be raised about another inch. Is there a way of adjusting roof height to equalise the height of the four posts? I have an electric winch which stops at a set height. My winch needs to raise the roof just a bit higher.
goody59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:34 AM   #2

Can you raise the roof any higher manually?
Old 08-26-2012, 11:56 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Is the side canvas tight when the roof is all the way up? If it's slack, I could understand needing to adjust the height. From what I remember from the pop-up days, the door was always a bit of a struggle to engage into the frame of the lower half.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by goody59 View Post
2010 Forest River Flagstaff Mac 205 popup. My roof does not go up enough to fit the door in easily, I have to push roof up by hand to get top of door under where it should be. I feel roof needs to be raised about another inch. Is there a way of adjusting roof height to equalise the height of the four posts? I have an electric winch which stops at a set height. My winch needs to raise the roof just a bit higher.

I have a 2009 Forest River Rockwood 1940LTD Pup with a winch, Model P550000, and from looking at my manual it states that if the camper roof does not raise to the designated height allowed, there is an adjustment that can be made via the "upper limit switch", on the winch. Looks to be an easy fix, but if it's still under warranty, best to have it serviced.

I would also suggest checking the tautness ( via the roof cord indicator ) of the canvas when the roof is fully erect and then determine if it is the cable, or possibly if this is a new pup for you, you might be just having a problem with "seating" your door in the groove atop the bottom. Just a suggestion.

Another suggestion, contact FR. They have great support service. Good luck, sounds as though it is something minute.
Briorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpetrey View Post
Can you raise the roof any higher manually?
I have been pushing roof up by hand to fit the door under the roof where it is supposed to sit. I haven't tried the manual crank facility in the electric winch access port as yet.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Monica View Post
Is the side canvas tight when the roof is all the way up? If it's slack, I could understand needing to adjust the height. From what I remember from the pop-up days, the door was always a bit of a struggle to engage into the frame of the lower half.

Dave
The canvas is not that tight preventing roof going up just a bit higher.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by goody59

I have been pushing roof up by hand to fit the door under the roof where it is supposed to sit. I haven't tried the manual crank facility in the electric winch access port as yet.
Sorry I should have said with the crank.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:40 AM   #8

Solution found!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpetrey View Post
Sorry I should have said with the crank.
I have been sent a PDF file on the winch operation that gives instructions on how to adjust the height of lowering roof and raising the roof by a generous forum member and I am now confident to be able to adjust both heights of the winch operation when lowering and raising roof to better suit the requirements. Thanks again to Rick!
Old 08-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #9

Hey Goody,
Can you shoot the Pdf file my way? I think I need to do a minor adjustment.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:14 PM   #10

Pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by CundiffClan View Post
Hey Goody,
Shoot me a short request via my home email addy goody59@aapt.net.au and I can do that for you.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:48 PM   #11

Briorick covers PDF download

Quote:
Originally Posted by CundiffClan View Post
Hey Goody,
Rick has loaded the PDF into Forum files as per his post. Jump in there and dowload as that PDF is what he directed me to as solution to my roof issues.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:38 PM   #12

Perfect,,thanks
Old 09-01-2012, 01:15 AM   #13

Done and dusted

Thanks to the PDF from Rick, roof adjustment done and dusted. Easy handyman adjustment. My roof raises to right height for door fitment. About 1 hour job but done stuffing about with other stuff. Tackle it with PDF and you will be fine. Thanks. Great forum.