Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2014, 10:03 PM   #1

Roof/Frame Movement on a MAC 206 pop-up

Hi - I just went camping and I noticed that when my roof is up, it sways side to side and seems very unsturdy. It seems like there is a lot of give in the metal frames that raise the roof. Does anyone know how to fix this or it is an easy fix?
vikingpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:21 PM   #2

Mine also has a bit of sway to the roof, but there are only four steel posts holding a fairly good size roof in place. So I assume it is natural, and with the supports, I'm not worried about it falling

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:51 PM   #3

I agree, but it just seemed to start really swaying overnight instead of a gradual swaying over time. That's why I thought something broke or popped loose. Thanks for your reply.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:35 AM   #4

Do you have the metal supports that are designed to go into opposite corners after raising the roof? If so, and if you are like me, you always snap them into the same two corner posts, then swap corners and see if that helps. Just guessing that if there is a problem it might sturdy up the roof and help pinpoint a problem, if there is a problem.

I'm just pulling an idea out of my *** but that is what I would do. Good luck....

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:35 PM   #5

Thanks and I will try that as I usually use the same two corners for the safety metal supports. I was even thinking of getting two more and put them in all four corners and see if that helps. Thanks again and I hope it works out okay.

Tags
frame, roo, roof