Alrighty.....so hear is what my major surgery on the lift system resulted in:
1) The winch motor still slightly slips/grinds with no load on it. Not sure if it was that way, or its from me trying to lift a stuck roof. See picture. Apparently I will be replacing it. Trevor, you had mentioned this was one of the last 2014's with a worm drive. Is there an upgrade, and will it just plug into the existing mounts? If so, do you know where I can find one?
2) The cable that attaches to the winch is slightly frayed at the end and is definitely flattened out in places.
3) All four lift tubes were completely bone dry. If they ever had any lube, it has long since disappeared. The master tube had grease still in it, although that may be from what I pumped in there yesterday.
4) Two of the four lift springs have slight kinks. Not sure if this was the cause of the binding or not, but I suspect it had something to do with it. See attached pic. I am planning on ordering new springs and cables from Goshen tomorrow, in any case, unless any one has any other bright ideas.
5) The camper is up on a car lift in my shop. I was thinking of taking four 2x4s, sticking them under the roof, and lowering the camper to "raise the roof." I figured it might be a good way to check the operation of the telescoping posts. Any one have any thoughts on this?
I now know more about PUP lift systems than I ever thought I would know. Knowledge gained means a successful day, right?
Thanks everyone for all your help on this. Feels like I've been thrown into the deep end here, but at least you guys are there with a ring buoy to pull me out.