Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-22-2014, 10:09 PM   #1

Roof replaced

We bought our pop up (freedom 1970) new last November, when I was cleaning it up to put it away for the winter I noticed some some cracks and wrinkles on the top front two corners, it looked like the outer skin was coming loss. So I call the company that covers the outer skin, they got back to me a week later, I was told to take it back to my dealer to have the repairs done, at this time they told me it would take about two to three months to get fixed, I got it back in three weeks, and yes they did replace the top.

Has anyone else had the this type of damage happen. I was told it happens when there is not enough adhesive to the outer skin secure??
phillip252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 10:46 AM   #2

That is disconcerting, you have a new pup... To answer your question, no have not seen this issue. But nice that it got repaired and quickly to boot.....
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 12:03 PM   #3

Apparently this is pretty common according to the people that handle the warranty for the outer skin. They took the old roof and cut the bad places out to study what happened. So they are looking at their mistakes to improve on them.
phillip252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 10:58 AM   #4

I suspect it might just have been a manufacturers error. The guy gluing the roof together might have put down a bit too little glue. Or if it was a machine, then some air may have gotten in and the glue was not squirted fully.

Glad they took care of it for you. That is the main thing.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof