Old 01-10-2015, 06:15 PM   #1

Rv and camper show

The wife and just got back in from rv show in Greenville, south Carolina seen a lot of great campers, there were not many assesoriers dealers? ? We did not see any pups or a frames?? What's the deal??

Old 01-10-2015, 08:27 PM   #2

We had similar results at the Georgia RV & Camper Show in Norcross, GA this weekend. Camping World had a couple of tent trailers, and I mean a tent in a trailer not a hard roof pop up, and another dealer had four Rockwood pop ups / A frames off in a far corner. The small booth vendors were pretty much a waste of time as the majority had nothing to do with RVing...

We're hoping the Atlanta Camping and RV Show coming up the 23rd through the 25th will be better. Peco Campers is attending and they are big on A-frames and pop ups so they should be interesting. Hopefully the small vendors will be more RV centric instead of insurance and snake oil sales folks...

RedLdr1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 08:41 PM   #3

I love the snake oil comment, that is funny. But true.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:57 PM   #4
Moderators' Assistant

because the dealers don't make hardly anything on pups and prefer to manipulate buyers into bigger, more expensive RV's.

heck, out West, Hybrid trailers are rare as hen's teeth, even thought the weather out here is perfect for them. because dealers want to push the big RV's so they can make a bigger profit.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:38 PM   #5

The Kansas City RV show is next weekend and when checking out the vendor line up listed on the Internet--the snake oil peddlers and home remodel companies seem to dominate. Also learned today that Camping World just east of KC will no longer sell the Sabre line. Wonder if anyone around here will pick up those models? Camping World decided to focus on Silverbacks.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:46 PM   #6
itch'n to road trip

Wow glad we didnt waste our time or money going to the Atlanta show. We had planned on going!!
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 07:03 AM   #7

I went to the indy RV show yesterday ,Same thing lot of nice campers but not much accesiories or anything. Good way to kill a cold afternoon.
Good Boy Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 10:13 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
because the dealers don't make hardly anything on pups and prefer to manipulate buyers into bigger, more expensive RV's.

heck, out West, Hybrid trailers are rare as hen's teeth, even thought the weather out here is perfect for them. because dealers want to push the big RV's so they can make a bigger profit.
That seems to be correct here in the Pocatello area. I walk my Mals past Park-A-Way RV in Chubbuck ID a few times a week (it's a mile from the house) and they have NO popups or what appears to be hybrids. Down the road toward Pocatello there is Cross Roads RV and NO popups.

And yet, I purchased my current popup from a retailer in Denver who sold only popups and has a going business.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 10:20 AM   #9

I didn't particularly care that the dealers didn't have many A Frames, as we just looked at everything we could find in a 200 mile radius prior to buying our new one. And I understand the urge to show off the big toys at the shows as trade shows are an expensive proposition for the dealers.

At the shows we attended prior to our taking a break from RVing the majority of the vendors were selling mostly RV accessories or at least something directly related to RVs. That has basically reversed as now only a small minority were selling RV products. The North Atlanta show had a lot of the same snake oil vendors I saw at the motorcycle shows held at that location. And those vendors have nothing to do with motorcycles either... But it must work for them though as they keep showing up, I'll probably see some of them at the Model Train show this coming Saturday...

RedLdr1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 10:29 AM   #10
Camper Less Camping

Weekend of Feb 28th is the Jacksonville, FL RV Show at the Equestrian Center on the west side of the city.
Nice show with a large spectrum of campers from pop ups/truck campers to expensive class A's...we attend every year to check out what's new...worth a look if you're in the area

Tags
camper, show