Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2018, 02:09 PM   #1

Sagging bed slides

Rockwood 2015 1640 pop-up camper. Pulling out and pushing in bed slide, results in the thin brown rubber strip at top of bed slide roller to protrude out, it is supposed to remain in and glide over rollers like when it was new. Have only used the camper 6 or 7 times, I lubricated slide as manual says, still coming out, I think the sagging bed slide contributes, took it to camping world where it was bought new, went back to pick up camper to find not fixed and apparently did not notice the protruding rubber, even though entering the door is almost impossible with rubber sticking out to jam you in the ribs, and yes I was charged for this non repair job. Again told it was fixed, not so, the service advisor I was assigned to threw up his hands and said campers are not his thing but fifth wheelers are, when emailed the lead service advisor and said I want to work with him was told to continue to work with the fifth wheeler guy. this strip does goes back in but very difficult on arms and could just snap. Any experience with similar problem and please advise a solution, warranty did not cover!!! camping trip coming up next week, thanks
thekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:12 PM   #2

Have you called Forest River? They have been very helpful in the past.
Soft 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:18 PM   #3
Site Team

X2 on trying to contact FR. They might be able to suggest a service department with trailer experience for you.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 04:03 AM   #4

I also had problem and Forest River direct phone call helped.
sjlemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 11:49 AM   #5
Site Team

Unfortunately the OP appears to have bought a 4 year old used trailer. So no warranty coverage.

But they might offer technical advice.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, slide