Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2016, 05:25 PM   #1

Sanitize Potable Water System

I am a new owner of a Rockwood HW276 and have a question about sanitizing the potable water system. Should I bypass the hot water tank when I sanitize my potable water system or should I sanitize the hot water tank as well? I would think the hot water tank needs to be sanitized.
sgreats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 05:48 PM   #2

Hot water heater

I sanitize the hot water heater along with the rest of the system.
Just be sure to drain the water heater and flush it out when you flush out the rest of the system. I "remembered" to dump and flush the water heater when I took a shower that first camping trip of the season. I smelled chlorine and came out of the shower smelling like I had been in a public swimming pool. Not a big deal, but yeah...

Here is a recent thread.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ot-106339.html

vasnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:17 PM   #3

Sgreats you can find videos on youtube on exactly how and what to do other then they do them on a TT not many pups have complete system. I don't sanitize my hot tank. I watch the video posted by rv geeks. They have many videos on sanitize and how to clean n dump the holding tanks. Remember the hot tantalizing gets the water hot so it should kill any bacteria. Just my 2 cents.
kinma13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:20 PM   #4

https://youtu.be/jEepug8N-aE
kinma13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water