Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2012, 10:11 PM   #1

Servicing Lifter System on Freedom 2318G

Hi Folks

I've just purchased a 2007 Rockwood Freedom 2318G and the roof doesn't seem to raise up or lower down very smoothly (especially coming down). The grease on the lifter cable underneath seems quite old etc. What is the best process for servicing lubricating this. Also I'm not sure of the service history of my camper so any other tips for general servicing or maintenance greatly appreciated.

I've imported this camper down in NZ so can't take it to a dealer.

Thanks for any help and advice that people can give.

Regards
Old 12-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #2

I have just completed a little maintenance on my roof lifting system. Make sure you pump about 10-15 squirts of grease into the zirk fittings in the cable housing underneath your trailer. I also sprayed some chain lube on the cable directly.

Now, this next part is still experimental. When my roof was up, I cleaned all the supports and noted where the wear marks were. Took an eye dropper and applied a product call ZMAX on the wear areas. Supposed to "bond with metal". Lol. It is some really slick stuff so I am giving it a try. I've only raised and lowered it once since applying but it seemed a lot smoother. Going to get a travel sized spray bottle and re apply it again this weekend while camping.

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2318g