Old 09-15-2014, 02:46 PM   #11
BamaGanza FROG Promoter
Originally Posted by skirk55 View Post
This makes me feel better! My son was at out house Sunday when I told him he told me no way! I have my leveling boards painted. I keep everything in one spot. Everything is wiped down before it hoses and wire is put back. I just am fussy and the pop up is more fun than I ever thought. we took a month off and are going from Pa. to Calf. this way we can take out time. I just thought I was just slow!!
You got *NOTHING* on OldCoot - you should see his OCD Basement (and Herk, you are not too far behind OC)

Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:33 PM   #12
Tonight I set the pop up and it tool less time. I guess after we are on the road we will work out the bugs. I put the poles and side brace under the mattress so that way I did not have to go in the pop up for everything. It is getting better every time we set it up.

skirk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 07:45 AM   #13
lol. 20 mins to pop up the camper roof and open it up maybe.

If you need to set up properly, I think it can take you closer to an hour if you include the very first step of leveling.

I like to take my time also. I do like to get the pop up open so that the DW can get in and begin to do things as well. But before that you need to make sure it is level and stable.

I actually enjoy the set up part. I get a sense of accomplishment that I have built a home for my family that we will be able to shelter in. The break down is worse as I sense destruction.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:54 AM   #14
Level,. Awning, Electric, water, raise, bunk and slide, door, grille, table, awning mat take about 1 hr BUT thats the DW and I doing it. Takes a little longer to twar down depending on weather and how dirty cause we clean (sweep n bathroom) a little.
kinma13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:58 AM   #15
Originally Posted by skirk55 View Post
Tonight I set the pop up and it tool less time. I guess after we are on the road we will work out the bugs. I put the poles and side brace under the mattress so that way I did not have to go in the pop up for everything. It is getting better every time we set it up.
I found that the set up for the popup while on a long distance trip like you are planning to be much different than when I plan a camping weekend. On our long two week trip from md to yellowstone, we left the beds made up and did not put out anything (no chairs or awning). We did not even have a fire. Just too tired after driving all day. We hooked up the electric and water only (did not really need the water though as we used the campground bathhouse and ate out). The dinette stayed in the bed position and the suitcases stayed there. We usually ate dinner out and had the cooler in the car for drinks and lunch stuff. Once we were at yellowstone and staying for in one place for 5 nights, we did need the water hookup, did get out the chairs and did grocery shopping. Just some things to think about.

Btw, the winds out west in June made putting the awning out a bad descision....not sure how it will be for your trip next week but keep that in mind.
HTT: "EscapeII" 2016 Shamrock 23WS (current)
PUP: "Escape" 2010 Rockwood HW 277 (gone)
TV: "Bruce" 2011 Dodge Durango V8 Hemi Crew
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
Traveled 19520 miles and 209 nights in 7 years and counting
GalsofEscape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:04 AM   #16
1/2 hr -2 hrs depending on length of stay or how badly I wanna cocktail..
2010 Cedar Creek 5th Wheel 34SATS "The Beast"
2006 Ford F350 Lariat 6.0L Diesel
2003 Harley Heritage Softail "Hogzilla"
1988 Harley Softail Custom "The Fireman"
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:07 AM   #17
When we had our PUP we could set-up in about an hour. Heck the awning alone (98 Coleman) took 20 minutes.

Now with our TT it could take 15-20 mins to get set-up. It STILL takes an hour, but that is probably because I used to drink 1 beer once I unhooked, now I drink 2.
Craig & Lynn D'Angelo

cdangel0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:30 AM   #18
Overnight wally/rest stop takes exactly 11min......park on most level, set parking brake, go inside and use the lazy man e stab remote to run down legs back then front, run slides out, pop on hw heater for wife.

Then I wash hands, push button to turn on inverter and see if I can get local stations to unwind and watch news......

Long stay set up.....HOURS....I cant deal with un level trailer for more than a day.....then we got the hookups, awning poles , tie downs, mats, chairs, outdoor kitchen setup, satellite...and on and
2015 F350 Platinum Fx4 6.7 Diesel Dually. B&W turnover, B&W Companion, air bags and wireless controller.
2015 Heartland Road Warrior 420 Rt
2012 f250 Fx4 6.7 Diesel crew cab tinted n tuned
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:56 AM   #19
Never actually timed it but if you can do total setup in 20 min by yourself NASCAR is looking for you in the pits. Just getting trailer level and un hooked maybe 20 min using drill to set leveling jacks and an electric hitch. First thing is getting the leveling right so you don't have to go back and fix it later, take time do it right. Takes me more than 20 min to pick up all the weight distribution bars and drill to put them away. Figure on an hour to get things all done the trailer sales are trying to make it look real easy so people will buy the trailer. I've watched people set theirs up taking 2 to 3 hours depending on what they set up, awning , water, electricity, chairs, grill, slides, putting furniture back in place once slides are out. Takes 10 min to get the slides out alone on mine. 20 to 30 min is just the basic set in place and unhook.
Think about things before you do them make life easier not harder.
mark0224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 11:08 AM   #20
I never really time it, as it's part of the relaxing I do while camping. I tinker outside while the wife sets up the interior... Prob an hour at a leisurely pace.

2008 Forest River Micro-Lite 18FBR
2000 Ford Explorer Sports Trac
WBrian is offline   Reply With Quote