Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2015, 11:49 AM   #1

Sink Drain Not Working Properly

I have a new Flagstaff 206LTD. The sink seems to back up when in use, just barely trickling through the drain line. If I go outside and jiggle the drain line, something releases and it comes pouring out. But then if not used for some time, the problem reoccurs.

I looked through the cupboard under the sink and nothing seems to be kinked.

Any ideas?
cakazmarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 12:10 PM   #2

is yours double sink ? sometimes if I have the stopper in on both sinks it will cause ours to act that way.
R&J Silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 12:14 PM   #3

Thanks R&J. It's a single sink.
cakazmarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:15 PM   #4

Sounds like a vacuum problem. Look for a blockage in the vent pipe.

Good Luck.
David 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:55 AM   #5

I have the next model up, the 208. Ours had a kink in the line under the folding sink as it was pinched between the cabinet when setup one time and that constricted the flow. Also, the regular drain line didn't have a vent, and then necked down to the 3/4 hose as it exited the camper. the 3/4 was fine if it was a short hose, but more than 10 feet and we could really wait for the water to go down the drain. Sounds like that is what you have. By jiggling the line, you are letting air bubbles up the line and helping relieve some of the vacuum.

I replaced that with a PVC adapter and added a vent, then went from there with a piece of sump pump hose which is larger and lets things flow smoothly. Works great now.

Here's a link to a few years ago when I fixed my drain line and connections. You can see there what I did as well as photos of my condition to see if it is like yours.

Sink Drain Fix -->

Outside Drain Fix / Grey Tank -->
SchafferFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:49 PM   #6

I bought my Wildwood used and the previous owner had put the baking soda down the drain but then neglected to flush with water to clear the line. We loosened the pea trap and found it blocked with a solidified chunk of baking soda.
wildwoodtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 03:44 PM   #7

If you're using vinyl garden hoses for drain hoses...........step up and buy some good rubber hoses........kink free. I got some 25' black rubber hoses of Amazon. If you get the 90 degree 1 1/2 to 3/4 adapter..........drill a very small hole 1/16th or smaller hole in the top of the bend to act as a small vent for the hose.
Trevor43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:46 PM   #8

All the messages are right-on.
A red squirrel hid a black walnut in my bathroom sink (like baking soda, ha, ha). Better I caught it in the pea trap.

Tags
drain