Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #1

Some questions on a Rockwood 2005 Freedom 2280

I am so grateful for this forum and all the "wisdom" (i.e. trial and error) that is on it so I'm availing myself of it right now.
What is the tire size? How big a scissor jack do I need to change tires? Is there a pedestal piece or trailer wheel that I can use on the front tongue? Right now I just have a pipe that screws into the ground (I'm using some plastic squares designed for the stabilizers). Where can I purchase the white plastic turn locks for the door? Some of mine are broken.
I had a shakeout run about a week ago and it's been in the shop since. My battery was wired wrong (that was me) and the brake unit in the truck malfunctioned. I hit the trigger trying to solve the problem and the unit became pretty hot, smoking a bit even - not a good thing.
Looks like the converter box went south as well - they say the best lessons are the ones that cost you so I had a hell of lesson on this trip.
Trying my best to avoid any further schooling.

Thanks in advance,
Be well -

Marty
marty6strings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #2

I'll try to help a little. Not sure how much your trailer weighs but get a scissor jack that will adequately lift that weight. I have a wheel for the front of my pop up but to give it stablilty, I use a plastic donut looking thing that the wheel sits in. You could also use one of these:

Trailer Jack Stand - Pine Hill Plastics Inc D10-258 - Tongue Jacks - Camping World

Good luck, be safe and have fun!
bradnailer is offline   Reply With Quote