Old 06-08-2016, 09:30 PM   #1
The new Rockwood 2716G

After adjusting the limit switch, the roof now goes all the way up, must have loosened on the way home from dealer.Now I'm doing all the pre-trip testing.
Plugged in power 110 v and checked all outlets, then refrigerators, stove and furnace. All in working order. Tomorrow I check the water pump , water heater and toilet. I think I'll have it all covered if all tests well. Then next week on our maiden trip. I do have one question about the Zamp pre-wired solar connection. I've read about it having reversed polarity, if this is true has anyone hooked up other solar panels to this and if so ,what modifications were made? Did I miss anything? Thanks in advance,Frankiebaby

Frankiebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 06:38 AM   #2
I am sure the test will all go well. Just make sure the HWH is full before testing it. After you get back from your 1st trip get ready to start making all the mods that you will want (and that will be many). My first one was making a shower head holder to hold the shower head above my head instead of at my knees. You will get a lot of ideals just walking around and looking at other campsite set ups. Sorry my camper (228 BH) did not come with the solar hook up, so I am no help on that issue.

Have a Great trip!

JPBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 10:06 AM   #3
zamp connector

Lots of hype with little benefit! Zamp panels are very expensive for what you get. We have a 2514G with the Zamp plug and had looked at their panels....WOW! We picked up a Renogy 100w solar suitcase for $269 directly from Renogy and just connected it right to the battery via some 8 guage wire that is connected to the battery directly. The suitcase comes with 2 types of connectors, alligator clips and an andersen connector which is what I used. The connector lies neatly inside the battery box until needed.

The panel itself is very well made and in full sun up here in MN it will put out 18V at 5-7 amps.
61cubby is offline   Reply With Quote