Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2019, 09:47 PM   #1

Third times a Charm?

I purchased a Shamrock Hebrides a few years back, but it was totaled in an accident. We were towing down a Streep grade when some zig zagging in and out traffic lost control and took out the trailer and my truck. We were not injured and a year later we purchased another trailer. A 233s hybrid. We had that one for a little less than a year before it was stolen out of storage. Someone broke off the ball lock and lock pin and drove it away. We couldn’t keep it as home as it was a little taller than our first one and would not fit up our driveway.
On Saturday we picked up our HW276 pop up. We had to have it built by Forest River and it took about a month. We wanted a pop up to begin with, but got a good deal on our hybrid. I am hoping we will heave better luck with this one. I picked up a Trailer Valet to move it up the driveway and park behind the house. We will be camping in the backyard this weekend for a test run. Still need to order the gizmos, but first things first. Gotta stock it up first. Let the good times roll!!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1376.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	206.2 KB
ID:	203414Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1385.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	203415Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1389.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	202.8 KB
ID:	203416
Eric F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 10:01 PM   #2

Wow. I wish you good luck! That’s a fine looking pop up!
bundy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 10:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundy71 View Post
Wow. I wish you good luck! That’s a fine looking pop up!

Thanks. Hoping that me and the family can enjoy this one for a while!!
Old 05-01-2019, 10:25 PM   #4

Third times got to be a charm.

Welcome back to rving.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:31 PM   #5

Smart move backyard camping for shakedown. Careful though, we started to enjoy it! When we can't get away, we still get away to the backyard overnight then meet back at the camper the next night after work. The grandkids 2, 4 & 6 would rather camp out in the backyard than sleep in the house now. It sure beats not going somewhere.
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 01:15 PM   #6

Very nice..... GL
Wusthof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 03:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
Third times got to be a charm.

Welcome back to rving.

Thanks! Hope to do it for more than just a couple year stretch this time!
Old 05-02-2019, 03:18 PM   #8
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quite the progression to get here.
Hope you have better luck the third time around.
Enjoy ! It is all about the journey!

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 03:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wusthof View Post
Very nice..... GL

Thanks
Old 05-02-2019, 03:34 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh1957 View Post
Smart move backyard camping for shakedown. Careful though, we started to enjoy it! When we can't get away, we still get away to the backyard overnight then meet back at the camper the next night after work. The grandkids 2, 4 & 6 would rather camp out in the backyard than sleep in the house now. It sure beats not going somewhere.

That sounds like fun! I have already picked up marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers. We will make s’mores on the big red campfire pit this time. The first trip “out” will be next month!!
Old 05-02-2019, 11:08 PM   #11

My camper woes sound similar to yours! My first pop up was totaled when a branch broke off a tree in an ice storm and impaled the roof of the camper, allowing water inside and mold to flourish. My first travel trailer (and second camper) was stolen out of the parking lot while at Camping World for repairs. My second travel trailer (and third camper) was totaled after it was found to be beyond saving due to mold/an unlocated leak that was present before I purchased it, and now I am on travel trailer #3/camper #4 (purchased brand new this time) and so far, I've had it since March 2016 with no problems. And my losses all took place in about a 6-year span. So fourth time was my charm!!

Enjoy your new hybrid and have fun making memories that will last a lifetime with your family!
"Know yourself, know your world. Change it." Anonymous
kittlecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 09:40 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittlecat View Post
My camper woes sound similar to yours! My first pop up was totaled when a branch broke off a tree in an ice storm and impaled the roof of the camper, allowing water inside and mold to flourish. My first travel trailer (and second camper) was stolen out of the parking lot while at Camping World for repairs. My second travel trailer (and third camper) was totaled after it was found to be beyond saving due to mold/an unlocated leak that was present before I purchased it, and now I am on travel trailer #3/camper #4 (purchased brand new this time) and so far, I've had it since March 2016 with no problems. And my losses all took place in about a 6-year span. So fourth time was my charm!!

Enjoy your new hybrid and have fun making memories that will last a lifetime with your family!

Thanks kittlecat
Old 05-03-2019, 10:26 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittlecat View Post

This is not encouraging to someone seeking a 3rd time is the charmer indorsements.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 11:57 AM   #14

Better luck with this one��
How is your insurance rate holding up?
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 12:14 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric F. View Post
I purchased a Shamrock Hebrides a few years back, but it was totaled in an accident. We were towing down a Streep grade when some zig zagging in and out traffic lost control and took out the trailer and my truck. We were not injured and a year later we purchased another trailer. A 233s hybrid. We had that one for a little less than a year before it was stolen out of storage. Someone broke off the ball lock and lock pin and drove it away. We couldn’t keep it as home as it was a little taller than our first one and would not fit up our driveway.
On Saturday we picked up our HW276 pop up. We had to have it built by Forest River and it took about a month. We wanted a pop up to begin with, but got a good deal on our hybrid. I am hoping we will heave better luck with this one. I picked up a Trailer Valet to move it up the driveway and park behind the house. We will be camping in the backyard this weekend for a test run. Still need to order the gizmos, but first things first. Gotta stock it up first. Let the good times roll!!
Attachment 203414Attachment 203415Attachment 203416
Do a pic with her opened up and in FULL GLORY !!
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote