Old 09-07-2015, 09:30 AM   #31

Ok so after dealing with FR on this issue, its left a sour taste in my mouth about how future issues will be handled.
That being said I installed the dexter #10 spacer kit Part k71-707-01 I ordered it from Find it Parts, who then ordered it from Dexter $64 out of my pocket( including 2 day shipping) and it was here in 3 days

Before under the dinette and trailer unloaded( no water no gear)

After the spacer install, again no water no gear

The Door side after( sorry no before)

and Finally the total package with TV

It was under 1 hour to install, the longest part was getting the trailer on jacks/ stands so the tires had 3 inches of clearance below them, as once you add the spacer kit you'll need it to get the tires back on.
I then had to flip my 2 inch drop receiver so now is a 1.5 raise to level everything back out.
Air tools and a good Torque wrench will be your friend on this install, as well as having 4 jack stands, and 2 jacks

Old 09-07-2015, 09:54 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmarz View Post
Ok so after dealing with FR on this issue, its left a sour taste in my mouth about how future issues will be handled.
That being said I installed the dexter #10 spacer kit Part k71-707-01 I ordered it from Find it Parts, who then ordered it from Dexter $64 out of my pocket( including 2 day shipping) and it was here in 3 days

Before under the dinette and trailer unloaded( no water no gear)

After the spacer install, again no water no gear

The Door side after( sorry no before)

and Finally the total package with TV

It was under 1 hour to install, the longest part was getting the trailer on jacks/ stands so the tires had 3 inches of clearance below them, as once you add the spacer kit you'll need it to get the tires back on.
I then had to flip my 2 inch drop receiver so now is a 1.5 raise to level everything back out.
Air tools and a good Torque wrench will be your friend on this install, as well as having 4 jack stands, and 2 jacks
That looks a lot better, I have been told by Rockwood that I need and do have 3" clearance. That is standard. I can't see how that can void any warrenty myself...

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 10:32 AM   #33

The clearance on mine is tight as well. What is the travel of the suspension? If the travel exceeds the clearance, it wouldn't pass inspection in some states.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:08 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
The clearance on mine is tight as well. What is the travel of the suspension? If the travel exceeds the clearance, it wouldn't pass inspection in some states.
no inspection in Florida, however Dexter says you need 3 inches of "bump clearance" with the stock/no spacer I didn't have an inch.

My fear was rubbing on the fender could damage the fender/ tire when traveling at highway speeds.

With out mounting a Go-pro on the trailer to video the suspension travel I have no idea if it was topped out or not, but i fee safer knowing there is plenty of room now as it can go up 3 inches and not hit anything now that i have the spacer installed
Old 09-07-2015, 01:20 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmarz View Post
no inspection in Florida, however Dexter says you need 3 inches of "bump clearance" with the stock/no spacer I didn't have an inch.

My fear was rubbing on the fender could damage the fender/ tire when traveling at highway speeds.

With out mounting a Go-pro on the trailer to video the suspension travel I have no idea if it was topped out or not, but i fee safer knowing there is plenty of room now as it can go up 3 inches and not hit anything now that i have the spacer installed
What gets me is that they know they need 3" why they will allow it off the line without it is beyond me. Did you see any rub marks on the bottom of wheel well's?....
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 09-07-2015, 01:22 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
How would a State even measure that?
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 09-08-2015, 12:40 PM   #37

I didnt see/ notice any, and now with this installed I sure home i never do

Tags
tire