Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2016, 08:58 PM   #1

Toilet and cassette

I'm sure this has been covered but on our trip to the lake this weekend I went to fill the small holding tank with water in order to use the toilet and upon trying to flush the toilet I can hear the pump working but no water was coming out, we also had urine all over the cassette when I opened up the door to see what was going on. I checked and rechecked to make sure the cassette was in properly and it was. Has anyone else had this issue? Mine is a 2017 Flagstaff 228BHSE. I included a picture and you can see the tube has no water in it but the top gray tube is completely full of water. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1472435859.930030.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	118681
Firefighterparamedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 10:39 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighterparamedic View Post
I'm sure this has been covered but on our trip to the lake this weekend I went to fill the small holding tank with water in order to use the toilet and upon trying to flush the toilet I can hear the pump working but no water was coming out, we also had urine all over the cassette when I opened up the door to see what was going on. I checked and rechecked to make sure the cassette was in properly and it was. Has anyone else had this issue? Mine is a 2017 Flagstaff 228BHSE. I included a picture and you can see the tube has no water in it but the top gray tube is completely full of water. Attachment 118681
The top grey tube will always have water in it. When you start filling, the grey tube will contain water but will never overflow, keep filling it. You'll start to see water in the clear vertical tube, and it will start to fill. Keep going until the clear tube is full.

Fooled me when we had our popup with the cassette toilet. I couldn't figure out why the grey tube had water, but I didn't have any flush water. Found out that's how it works.

"Do or do not, there is no try" - Yoda

2017 Cherokee 294BH
2015 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4L V8 Crew Cab
Moparman1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 05:14 AM   #3

X2 with Mopar, I did the thought the same thing the first time.

Will also add when you have finished filling tank, you can twist the filler tube to remove excess water that is left in the tube. I have the same model as you found the easiest way to fill tank during camping is use your shower head hose to refill tank.

As far as your leaking in the cassette area with no water. The best test I can think of is to move the waste tube after you put tank back in camper and watch as someone operate the water and flush valves. I have not had this issue, but this is what I would start with.

I am sure you will get this figured out, please let us know what you find out or how the problem was fixed. Have a Great Labor Day Weekend.
JPBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 07:09 AM   #4

Thank you everyone I will try it right now
Old 08-29-2016, 08:28 AM   #5

You want the opening closed before you pull the tank out and also there is a funnel looking device behind the dump tube that can be fitted into the top of the fill tube to allow you fill the tank better.
Trevor43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:52 PM   #6

I had to take it to the dealer I bought it from today and the fitting from the toilet to the cassette was loose and he also stated on the new models if the cassette is not placed in there properly or if it is loose like mine is then the tank will not fill, that is also why urine was all over the cassette, took him about 10 minutes to tighten up the toilet now it works and fills like a charm again. I wish I could have taken pictures of exactly what he was tightening but it was almost like he was trying to keep me away while he was doing it, my guess is so the dealership makes more money but hopefully this helps other people.
Old 08-30-2016, 04:50 AM   #7

Glad it is fixed
JPBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:54 PM   #8

Me to now I can get back to what I love. Thanks everyone and have a safe a wonderful Labor Day Weekend