Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2017, 05:48 PM   #1

Trailer Tongue Dolly

Does anyone have any experience with the Trailer Valet 5X V211 Tongue Jack Dolly?

https://www.amazon.com/Trailer-Valet.../dp/B007G2IH4Q

I'm currently wrestling my 4000 pound trailer with a hand dolly from Harbor Freight. 600 lb. Heavy Duty Trailer Dolly
It works, but it's all I can do to spin the trailer 180 degrees then park it. And I'm 68 years old, so this stuff isn't getting any easier. I don't have an ATV, and I don't think an ATV could handle the 450 lb. tongue weight anyway. My Rav-4 has a hitch, but even it can't maneuver in this tight space.

Our driveway is very steep, and the parking area is just barely big enough to make the 180 degree turn. The parking area is fairly level, but not level enough to make this manageable. The brown stripe that goes under the camper is a drainage "ditch" that is about 4" lower than the surrounding pavement. If I lose control of the trailer, it can plunge down the driveway or over a steep embankment. I tie a short rope to the emergency break-away cable to activate the brakes if need be, but I doubt they'd stop the trailer if it headed down the driveway.

The photo doesn't do justice to the slopes, but the "level" portion of the parking area is only the part between the end of the stone wall and the back of the camper, and from the embankment on the right to the driver's side of the Rav-4. The driveway itself is about a 10% grade, and from the driver's side of the Rav-4 to the timber curbing is too steeply sloped to manhandle the trailer.

The Trailer Valet claims to be up to the job, and I've seen a number of good reviews. Does anyone here have experience with one of these?

P.S. The motorized dollies, such as the Park-It-360, are wonderful, but I don't have that kind of money to spend.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Driveway-Small.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	135012  
jimmoore13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:51 PM   #2

As you can see from the photo of the camper next to the Rav-4, that is a big beast of a popup.
jimmoore13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:33 PM   #3

power dolly

Jim
Go to classifieds. There is one for sale.
Papa GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:19 PM   #4

Yes. I have the X5 and is amazing. But 4000 pounds is too close to the limit of this tool (5000). My driveway has a 10 degree incline as well. Just at the limit of what is specified by the manufacturer.
Newnite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer