Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2015, 06:08 PM   #1

Travel door seal

I have a 2013 Rockwood 2318g, and the travel door seal has torn, any idea where I can get a new one. It's the seal that goes on the top of the door. Trouble is if were are not careful when the roof is down and we open the door it catches on the roof and tears it. I think it's made of vinyl but maybe rubber. It slips in a track on the door and held in place by 3 screws, but has a 90 degree bend. Couldn't find anything in the hardware store that matched it. Thanks for your help joe.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:18 PM   #2

Commonly Used Parts for Flagstaff Pop-up Trailers | Roberts Sales

My original lasted a little over two years. Just installed a new one this spring. Hope to get two years out of this one.

Easier to open with the roof up, but 90 percent of the time I am opening the door with the roof down.

Local RV shop may have them too.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 08:52 PM   #3

Thanks f5moab, should have checked the trusty Roberts site, I guess. Yea ours is 2 years old now, and even though we were careful with it it finally just bit the dust. If my local rv store doesn't have it, i'll get it from Roberts. Thanks again. joe
Old 07-05-2015, 10:49 PM   #4

I heard they are very cheap. Some people just order a few and replace them every couple of years. I personally just raise the roof one inch and never had to replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forumsdaverobenolt
daverobenolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by daverobenolt View Post
I heard they are very cheap. Some people just order a few and replace them every couple of years. I personally just raise the roof one inch and never had to replace it.

I think it torn more from it deterioration then from it hitting the roof. When I noticed it was catching and starting to tear, I always would push the corner down till it cleared the roof. Seems like I'm always forgetting to put stuff in it after I take it down, that it would be a pain to keep undoing the latches to raise the roof a little each time. I'm just forgetful and lazy I guess.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:00 AM   #6

Probably a combination of deterioration and usage. But I'll spend the 4 buck every few years vs. having to disconnect four points on the roof, then raise it an inch every time I need to take something out or put something in through the door.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 12:05 PM   #7

I noticed if I don't raise the roof it puts a lot of stress on the door. So I take approx. 30 seconds to raise it. Not a big deal. I also keep a lot of stuff in the back of the truck so I'm not in and out. Like I said personal preference.

daverobenolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by daverobenolt View Post
I noticed if I don't raise the roof it puts a lot of stress on the door. So I take approx. 30 seconds to raise it. Not a big deal. I also keep a lot of stuff in the back of the truck so I'm not in and out. Like I said personal preference.

I think in some popups the roofs maybe come down a little further putting more stress on the door. On mine I can easily open the door with only the seal hitting it.

Tags
door, travel