Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2016, 09:46 PM   #1

Water valve question hw276

I have these 2 water valves in my hw276. They have something to do with the sink I know. I think I was told to shut them off before I turn on the water supply, attach my sink spout, then open them up. So I guess what I want to know is, am I doing this right? Or do I shut just one off after turning the water on? etc... This last weekend we took it out I followed that procedure, but the valve on the right kept leaking outside on the ground.... Is the valve just bad?
dplantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 09:52 PM   #2

Can't figure out how to post pics yet, but the lines are red and blue The valve on the right is the blue line, the valve I think is leaking the one on the left is red. Both of these are at floor level and to the right of the sink
Old 03-06-2016, 03:21 PM   #3

The valves mentioned might be shut-offs for the sink. Blue PEX lines are usually cold water, and red PEX lines are usually hot water. It would make sense that you have to shut off the water to the sink, then mount the faucet, then open them. Basically the same as if you were doing work on kitchen sink faucet.

These also may be the low level drains for water on your PUP, instead of the shut-offs for the sink. When opened these would drain the water from your sink lines onto the ground. You would close them when ready to pressurize.

That a valve leaks on an RV - no real surprise. It may be the valve itself, but more often the leak is where the PEX lines connect to the valve or other fittings. PEX requires connectors intended to be used with PEX, not generic connections. Check out Home Depot or Lowe's for suitable valves and fittings if out of warranty.

Fred W

Fred W
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 07:00 PM   #4

I have a HW a frame, I believe what you are talking about are the low point drains for the system. Are they small valves that go directly to the outside ? If so make sure they are fully closed the small valves lift up to drain and push down to close.
Butch Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 08:01 PM   #5

Don't know about the valves, but I do know, you don't have to remove the spout

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
GB guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:09 AM   #6

pics of the valves

I guess the mobile site did not allow attachments, I see it today on my PC so here is a pic. I think these valves are just the water shutoffs for the sink that allow you to connect the sink faucet without pressure on it. agree?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160305_081932.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	240.0 KB
ID:	101264  
Old 03-07-2016, 10:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dplantz View Post
I guess the mobile site did not allow attachments, I see it today on my PC so here is a pic. I think these valves are just the water shutoffs for the sink that allow you to connect the sink faucet without pressure on it. agree?
Looks like "Low point drains" to me! Youroo!!
Old 03-07-2016, 02:12 PM   #8

Look like low point drains to me too.
Wygantmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 03:24 PM   #9

I have to ask - are you sure you have to remove the spout for fold-down? It seems to me the standard spout would fit under the lowered roof, or that the sink would lower or rotate for travel. Having to remove the spout every time the roof is lowered is an invitation to a broken spout/plumbing. I would think the manufacturer would not do that.

Now if a custom high-rise gooseneck spout were to be installed.....

Fred W
now: 2014 Rockwood A122 A-frame
then: 2000 Coleman Westlake PUP
then: 1986 Coachmen PUP (CRS on the model)
Old 03-07-2016, 03:34 PM   #10

Water valve question hw276

High walls just have standard sinks- no fold downs.

The spout needs to be removed to lower the roof enough. In time, the rubber o-rings will get difficult to insert or remove the spout. Just apply some vasoline to them and life will be much easier.

2014 Evo 2850 "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra "Clifford"

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 04:18 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDAMAN174 View Post
High walls just have standard sinks- no fold downs.

The spout needs to be removed to lower the roof enough. In time, the rubber o-rings will get difficult to insert or remove the spout. Just apply some vasoline to them and life will be much easier.

2014 Evo 2850 "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra "Clifford"
Learn something new every day. In a way, I'm glad I didn't go the HW route. The HW systems seem to be much more standard RV systems, which do not facilitate the portability and easy and simple setup/take-down of the standard height PUPs and A-frames.

We all make our choices, hopefully based on how we want to camp.

Fred W
2014 Rockwood A122 A-frame
Old 03-07-2016, 04:29 PM   #12

Well I will have to comment on that comment! I will agree the HW's are very time intensive to set up and tear down as compared to other pop ups' I have had. We went this last weekend but were only able to go for one night. As I had not set it up but only 2x before that I had " forgetten a lot of the "nuances" To me they are the cadillac of pop ups tho!
Old 03-07-2016, 04:59 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dplantz View Post
Definitely your low point drains.
I have the exact same ones on my 2007 Roo hybrid TT.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 05:58 PM   #14

Ok thanks everyone. Seems I have a bad valve then as the one on the right ( red line) is leaking slightly out the floor vent with my water on. Guess I need to replace
Old 03-08-2016, 08:26 AM   #15

Yes low point drains need to be closed when using the water. If they are leaking the may not be shut all the way. Mine just push down. But be careful I hear they break easy. I even cover mine with a wood box thing I made so nothing hits them n breaks them.
kinma13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water