Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2016, 08:30 PM   #1

Wet floor at rear

Water running off back of camper has caused rear floor to become soft. Is there a way to protect the under belly. Then I will figure out what to do about the floor. What do you think?
phillip252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:30 AM   #2

Not sure I understand. The water should be running off the roof onto the rear of the camper and then onto the ground. If it is getting into the camper and rotting your floor, then you need to fix the leak. Finding the leak is not always easy. Only thing to do is jump inside and have DW spray the hose on it.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 01:34 PM   #3

Vin that's the problem I think is coming from run off, when camper is closed water is running down the back instead of running off its following the shape of camper to where the floor and side meets, and floor is wicking the water up, I moved it inside shop until I can figure out what to do, kicked the boat out, afraid I might be to late for a simple repair. Water seems to be following the curvature of the back of the camper, outside.
Old 05-24-2016, 05:43 PM   #4

I went and looked at mine. All I can see where water might be getting in is where your lights and the 2 bolts holding the spare tire frame to the back wall. Where the back wall and side walls are connected the trim has sealant might check that yours has not deteriorated.

Hope you find out what the problem is and that it will be a simple fix.
JPBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 05:45 PM   #5

Ok, check the pup again today the only thing that is different from the front of the pup and the rear, are the tail lights and running lights. So what the heck , take one off and look see. What did I find a little silacon nothing around the openings. Why would you not seal this area better?
Old 05-24-2016, 05:48 PM   #6

Guess I know what I will be doing this weekend. Thanks for the update
JPBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 05:55 PM   #7

Yes, check them. Now I'm looking at everything on the outside. Let me know how you come out.