Old 03-09-2013, 03:03 PM   #1

Wf-8735p/8740p

I opened up my camper today and noticed I had no 12vdc power unless I plugged in the shore power. Battery has had a maintenance charger on it all winter. I have 12vdc all the way to the back of the power center. I should be able to run the fan and lights on just 12vdc without shore power.

Old 03-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #2

All fuses are good including the reverse polarity 40 amp?

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #3

Yes....all fuses intact. I have a inline 25amp fuse......that was fine. Followed the wire into the conection for the towing plug-in.......from there it turns to black and goes under the trailer up into the opening for the power center.....I have 12vdc there. I have not pulled the power center yet and checked the back of the power center. Like I mentioned before....once shore power is plugged in......everything works great. I just know it's going to be something stupid I over looked. I rarely use just 12vdc alone.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #4

If you unhook it from shore power and then hook it to your tow vehicle, does anything change then? Trying to determine if you possibly have a bad cell (s).

Just glad to get away
Old 03-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor43
I opened up my camper today and noticed I had no 12vdc power unless I plugged in the shore power. Battery has had a maintenance charger on it all winter. I have 12vdc all the way to the back of the power center. I should be able to run the fan and lights on just 12vdc without shore power.
In mine there is an inline fuse of 50 amp cap between the battery bus and the converter DC ouyput. This allows flow in either direction for use or charge but prevent damage if either batt or converter goes to fault. Could be a open developed in the converter where the Bat+ enters although in mine conv out and battery in are same point.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:00 AM   #6

Doubt it is a bad cell. Like I mentioned before, it was on a maintenance charger all winter and it had enough power to lift the roof with no problem. I need to pull the power center and check behind it.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:39 AM   #7

Found it........going by the troubleshooting guide for the power center.....the battery fuse was popped......just looking at it you couldn't tell. Don't I feel like a ding a ling. I was so focused on the reverse polarity fuse that I never really looked the other fuses over carefully. One thing a I did find once I pulled out the power center was that the wires for the CO2 detector and propane sniffer were cut.......wierd huh? Only thing I can think of is that they were cut to make room for the power center to come out more when they installed the wiring for the AC and never hooked them back up.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:37 PM   #8

About every fifth trip my battery fuse pops. Havent looked into why- just less stressful to replace a 25 cent fuse every other month.

Just glad to get away
Old 03-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #9

So, once again the world is better place.....like when your golf swing is spot on for the day.