Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2018, 10:53 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodaman View Post
That is a nice PUP. Congrats. I mirror what others have said about the awning. We always tie is off with stronger ratchet stuff straps. I also use the screw or twist in stakes. Work must better the the straight ones on an angle.

Ratchet straps? Where do you use those on awning? Any photos of a properly secured awning?

Thanks
Dave.
Itwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 08:37 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itwrx View Post
Ratchet straps? Where do you use those on awning? Any photos of a properly secured awning?

Thanks
Dave.
Is this what everyone is talking about?
Photo not on my setup just one I found.
Itwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 12:50 PM   #23

our awning flipped early in our ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalsofEscape View Post
regarding the awning - always anchor it down. We tied ours down with parachute cord and tent pegs. never found the awning flipped onto the roof after we started doing that.

We installed a wireless wifi camera onto the back of the camper, it used my phone as the monitor...i could always see behind me as we traveled down the road.
Since then I've drilled a couple of holes in the aluminum front bar and used some inexpensive metal clips to tie the awning down to stakes in the ground. Hasn't been close to coming loose since.

Wireless wifi cameras require wifi and power. How do you provide wifi to the camera and how are you powering it? Say more.
khackbarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 12:53 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben31 View Post
Get the PUGs (Pop Up Gizmos). They really do make a big difference in the inside temperature and in keeping the tops of the pop outs clean.
I had the same reflectors on my old Fleetwood and they worked great. I kept them but am doubtful that I could properly install them on my HW 277 because the top of the bed canvas is so high off the ground.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:06 PM   #25

black water flush system

I knew I had to find a better solution for dumping and cleaning out my HW277 than set it (almost) completely up at the dump station while a line of RVs were waiting. The solution was a Camco RV Tornado Rotary Tank Rinser Was very simple to install, there's an access panel near the back bed. Hardest part was drilling the frame to mount the water input attachment. I also purchased a water pressure regulator and a Camco Clear Sewer Hose Adapter

Works like a charm! This is my #1 modification.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:09 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by khackbarth View Post
Since then I've drilled a couple of holes in the aluminum front bar and used some inexpensive metal clips to tie the awning down to stakes in the ground. Hasn't been close to coming loose since.

Wireless wifi cameras require wifi and power. How do you provide wifi to the camera and how are you powering it? Say more.
This was a camera system that had a WiFi transmitter, short range. The camera manufacturer had an free app that you downloaded on to your phone that you could log on to the camera and receive the transmission. The camera, we attached to the tag plate and wired it into the marker lights, as long as the lights were on, the camera was on. We put the transmitter in a front cabinet, for that we ran that wire from the camera to the transmitter under the camper and up through the floor into the cabinet. The transmitter sat on the floor of the cabinet.
Got the system from 4ucam.com. worked great.
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote