Old 06-02-2015, 08:44 AM   #11

Video on leveling anywhere?

Old 06-02-2015, 08:47 AM   #12

I have always leveled front-to-back, then side-to-side and then the stabs are lowered. Then the top goes up. If I don't have it completely level, it pops like crazy when raising and I have never had a problem with it binding.
But this question is asked a lot, and one thing for sure, there are varying ideas.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:48 AM   #13

Old 06-02-2015, 08:56 AM   #14

Forgot to mention, I sometimes level side-to-side first if I'm using my Anderson leveler but front-to-back first if I'm using my BAL leveler. Depends on how level the ground is where I parking.

Video is interesting, but it is not a popup and I would believe there might be a difference.

Here's a vid from Rockwood on how to raise a trailer. I guess the assume you will be level side-to-side since I didn't see it mentioned. But they do show the stabs going down prior to raising the roof.

https://youtu.be/dQRlhD6AE7k

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
Old 06-02-2015, 08:58 AM   #15

level

10-4, I always level side/side, front/back, lower stabs, and then raise roof on my 1940. This is the way most mfg.'s write their instructions.

2004 GMC Sierra 4x4
Ringbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:06 AM   #16

It's leveling 101.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5moab View Post
Forgot to mention, I sometimes level side-to-side first if I'm using my Anderson leveler but front-to-back first if I'm using my BAL leveler. Depends on how level the ground is where I parking.

Video is interesting, but it is not a popup and I would believe there might be a difference.

Here's a vid from Rockwood on how to raise a trailer. I guess the assume you will be level side-to-side since I didn't see it mentioned. But they do show the stabs going down prior to raising the roof.

https://youtu.be/dQRlhD6AE7k
Old 06-02-2015, 09:09 AM   #17

I'm new to this and want to learn the right way.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:16 AM   #18

Side to side first would be my preference because with a BAL stabilizer the wheel will be chocked so that when I disconnect my hitch, it's not going to roll anywhere.......then I level front to back. Once I'm happy with this I lower the stabilizer jacks just until they touch the ground and then proceed to open the camper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakecumberland View Post
I'm new to this and want to learn the right way.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:22 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor43 View Post
It's leveling 101.....
Yes it is; from the manufacture! But it is a popup and everyone will do it the way they find best; hopefully, they will not use the stabilizers as leveling devices.

As I noted earlier, if using the Anderson leveler I do the side-to-side first, only cause you level the side while still attached to the TV. However, if only slightly off, the Anderson is not a good device. Not enough of it rolls under the wheels. So in those rare cases, I will use the BAL. But regardless after the trailer is situated, where I'm going to park it, I chock the opposite wheel that does not require a leveler; then disconnect and level front-to-back.

You do it the way you want, I'll continue to do it the way I want, and others can do it the way they want. Pretty simple when you think about it.
Have a nice day...................

Old 06-02-2015, 09:40 AM   #20

I meant my video was Leveling 101.......very basic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5moab View Post
Yes it is; from the manufacture! But it is a popup and everyone will do it the way they find best; hopefully, they will not use the stabilizers as leveling devices.

As I noted earlier, if using the Anderson leveler I do the side-to-side first, only cause you level the side while still attached to the TV. However, if only slightly off, the Anderson is not a good device. Not enough of it rolls under the wheels. So in those rare cases, I will use the BAL. But regardless after the trailer is situated, where I'm going to park it, I chock the opposite wheel that does not require a leveler; then disconnect and level front-to-back.

You do it the way you want, I'll continue to do it the way I want, and others can do it the way they want. Pretty simple when you think about it.
Have a nice day...................