Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2015, 08:44 AM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 94
Video on leveling anywhere?
__________________

__________________
lakecumberland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:47 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
f5moab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,058
I have always leveled front-to-back, then side-to-side and then the stabs are lowered. Then the top goes up. If I don't have it completely level, it pops like crazy when raising and I have never had a problem with it binding.
But this question is asked a lot, and one thing for sure, there are varying ideas.
__________________

__________________
Trailer: Lifted 228BH, heavy duty springs and Yokohama tires DELAMINATED ROOF
TV: 2016 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 CC, SLT
Spare TV: Two Alaskan Malamutes

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:48 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 518
__________________
Trevor43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:56 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
f5moab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,058
Forgot to mention, I sometimes level side-to-side first if I'm using my Anderson leveler but front-to-back first if I'm using my BAL leveler. Depends on how level the ground is where I parking.

Video is interesting, but it is not a popup and I would believe there might be a difference.

Here's a vid from Rockwood on how to raise a trailer. I guess the assume you will be level side-to-side since I didn't see it mentioned. But they do show the stabs going down prior to raising the roof.

https://youtu.be/dQRlhD6AE7k
__________________
Trailer: Lifted 228BH, heavy duty springs and Yokohama tires DELAMINATED ROOF
TV: 2016 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 CC, SLT
Spare TV: Two Alaskan Malamutes

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:58 AM   #15
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 98
level

10-4, I always level side/side, front/back, lower stabs, and then raise roof on my 1940. This is the way most mfg.'s write their instructions.
__________________
2012 Rockwood 1940ltd

2004 GMC Sierra 4x4
Ringbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:06 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 518
It's leveling 101.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by f5moab View Post
Forgot to mention, I sometimes level side-to-side first if I'm using my Anderson leveler but front-to-back first if I'm using my BAL leveler. Depends on how level the ground is where I parking.

Video is interesting, but it is not a popup and I would believe there might be a difference.

Here's a vid from Rockwood on how to raise a trailer. I guess the assume you will be level side-to-side since I didn't see it mentioned. But they do show the stabs going down prior to raising the roof.

https://youtu.be/dQRlhD6AE7k
__________________
Trevor43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:09 AM   #17
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 94
I'm new to this and want to learn the right way.
__________________
lakecumberland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:16 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 518
Side to side first would be my preference because with a BAL stabilizer the wheel will be chocked so that when I disconnect my hitch, it's not going to roll anywhere.......then I level front to back. Once I'm happy with this I lower the stabilizer jacks just until they touch the ground and then proceed to open the camper.


Quote:
Originally Posted by lakecumberland View Post
I'm new to this and want to learn the right way.
__________________
Trevor43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:22 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
f5moab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor43 View Post
It's leveling 101.....
Yes it is; from the manufacture! But it is a popup and everyone will do it the way they find best; hopefully, they will not use the stabilizers as leveling devices.

As I noted earlier, if using the Anderson leveler I do the side-to-side first, only cause you level the side while still attached to the TV. However, if only slightly off, the Anderson is not a good device. Not enough of it rolls under the wheels. So in those rare cases, I will use the BAL. But regardless after the trailer is situated, where I'm going to park it, I chock the opposite wheel that does not require a leveler; then disconnect and level front-to-back.

You do it the way you want, I'll continue to do it the way I want, and others can do it the way they want. Pretty simple when you think about it.
Have a nice day...................
__________________
Trailer: Lifted 228BH, heavy duty springs and Yokohama tires DELAMINATED ROOF
TV: 2016 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 CC, SLT
Spare TV: Two Alaskan Malamutes

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:40 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 518
I meant my video was Leveling 101.......very basic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5moab View Post
Yes it is; from the manufacture! But it is a popup and everyone will do it the way they find best; hopefully, they will not use the stabilizers as leveling devices.

As I noted earlier, if using the Anderson leveler I do the side-to-side first, only cause you level the side while still attached to the TV. However, if only slightly off, the Anderson is not a good device. Not enough of it rolls under the wheels. So in those rare cases, I will use the BAL. But regardless after the trailer is situated, where I'm going to park it, I chock the opposite wheel that does not require a leveler; then disconnect and level front-to-back.

You do it the way you want, I'll continue to do it the way I want, and others can do it the way they want. Pretty simple when you think about it.
Have a nice day...................
__________________

__________________
Trevor43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 AM.