Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2014, 11:10 PM   #1

Where is water filter on hw276

Title says it all. I'm looking for the place to install water-pur filter... but I can't find it. I can't find anything in the manuals about where it's installed.

Thanks!!
mtaylor42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:17 AM   #2

I don't have a HW276, but my model is similar. Mine is under the couch at the front of the trailer. It will be right where the city water connection is. Under the couch there is a clear canister that the filter sits inside of. You should have a wrench in that compartment or with your other stuff to remove the canister.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
IonicBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 03:47 AM   #3

They had screwed down the panel under the couch, which led me to believe it was not stuff I needed access to. Turns out the dealer never dewinterized the unit and the hot water heater was bypassed. Got all that sorted out, but now I'm wondering why the water isn't hot enough. I thought it was supposed to reach 125 degrees or something, but it definitely doesn't seem to be anywhere near there. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 07-21-2014, 03:48 AM   #4

Thanks for your quick advice, by the way. Saved me from a lot more frustration.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:50 AM   #5

Did you end up changing the water filter? How much water did you spill?
stryke-force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:58 AM   #6

It was never installed. I drained the tanks and turned off the pump. Then I turned the filter container really slowly, and used half a roll of paper towels in the process... then moved the container to where I could dump it in a bucket. As long as 120VAC is not connected, I think the risk is somewhat less severe. Not sure I had the inverter off though.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:00 AM   #7

It's definitely a poor place they put it in.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:22 PM   #8

If you use a filter on the outside water hose n connection do you need this filter?
kinma13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 03:24 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinma13 View Post
If you use a filter on the outside water hose n connection do you need this filter?
No.

"sabre owners united!"

turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:00 PM   #10

Agree with kinma13. I also use an external filter. But since it's a brand new pup, I thought I should set it up completely before changing things.

I've heard this filter can negatively affect water flow rates. Does it do this as a general rule or only when it's clogged up and needing replacement?
Old 07-21-2014, 11:50 PM   #11

I tested mine with and without the water filter. At least with a clean filter the difference was minimal for me. I do both boondock camping as well as camp hooked up, so I use both filters when I'm hooked up. That way I always have the on board one when boondocking. The hose filter takes care of really bad tasting campground water, and doesn't clog up my on board one. There have been a couple campgrounds with pressure so low that water only trickles out of the shower...for that I usually disconnect the hose filter.
Also, the canister filters are much cheaper if you get them here http://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/Pumps.htm.

As for your water heater, it's not really adjustable. Mine puts out 120 degrees easy. Did you let it rung long enough? The light on the switch only indicates ignition time, or if there is a problem with ignition. The light goes out while the heater is lit and still heating. It takes mine around 20-30 minutes to get hot depending on ambient and water temperatures...

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
IonicBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:43 AM   #12

Hmmm. I think I didn't let it run long enough. I'm so used to tankless water heaters with instant hot water. We only waited five or ten minutes. I also bought the hotter 140 degree thermostat just in case I need it. Next time I open it up I'll try again.

I have the direct (gas only) suburban heater. Wondering if the electric+gas version is better? I figured gas was the better way to go, but this is lp so I'm not sure if it gets as hot as the gas to the heater in the house.

Tags
water, water filter