Old 03-29-2015, 12:47 PM   #11
Costco is selling this one for $169. Can't beat the price. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1427651228.753103.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	72451

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD, Duramax 2WD CC/SB
2013 Cardinal 3030RS full body paint
B&W Companion slider, air bags, EFI Live Custom tuning by So Cal Diesel
Jerry01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 01:25 PM   #12
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Think about what you will be cooking ( how many burners at once) and where you will be using it ( picnic table available) both now and in years to come. Base your decision on that. A stove mounted to the side of your RV sounds nice, but more than likely you will not use it there much. A good Coleman propane stove will last forever and can be run off small propane bottles or from a larger tank on the TT Via an extension hose. I carry an extra 20lb tank that runs stove, grill, and lantern if needed.
Totally agree with the above concerning deciding on how you are going to use the stove. We cook and wash at the picnic table, not inside the camper. For just 2 of us, a portable 2 burner stove running off the bottles does just fine, and stores inside the camper between trips. The RV-Q that came with the camper gets left at home, along with the Porta-Potti.

When we had a PUP (2000 Coleman Westlake) we started out using the outside stove to cook on the camper side. Proved to be a lot more awkward than cooking and cleaning at the picnic table.

I have had problems with several Coleman brand stoves leaking where the metal pipe connects to the stove. And the Coleman's didn't like to work very well above about 5K elevation. After I threw the last one in the trash on our trip from Kodiak, Alaska to San Francisco, I bought a Canadian-made stove from a store along the highway. This had a heavy duty rubber hose running out the side to the bottle. This has been our camp stove for 16 years now, including Cub Scout and Boy Scout car camping trips. And it works just as well (well, doesn't heat quite as fast) at 10,000 ft as it does at sea level.

I do like the outside shower on the camper as a ready source of hot water.

Fred W
2014 Rockwood A122
2008 Hyundai Entourage (minivan)
camping Colorado a long weekend at a time

pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 01:35 PM   #13
We've tried various brands and models of take-along stoves and found the Coleman Perfect Flow Burner and Grill to be very good. It is light and stores almost anywhere with very little clean up. The burner is a little small for pans and pots, but large enough for the two of us, as well as the grill. It folds up to about the size of a brief case, so it doesn't take up much room in the front storage compartment. We also take a small Smokey Joe charcoal grill if we have more people and want the true charcoal taste.

We got ours thru Amazon.
gfarmcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:28 PM   #14
RV (Not so) Noob
The coleman stove is a good choice. Mine is about a billion years old and works like a champ. Ive seen that they have a newer version with a new burner design. Haven't seen one in person yet. Don't use it on RV trips though as we have a Hybrid with a stove inside and an outside grill. However, we usually cook outside on the campsite grill, on the fire or on my dutch oven. Camp Chef is another quality brand. Depends on what kind of cooking you want to do.
Me, Wifey, Thing 1 & 2 plus Gracie the Shitzu rescue
FR Shamrock 233S 2015
2008 Tacoma Double Cab
Glindz233s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 06:23 PM   #15
We have a Coleman gas stove since mid 70's. Take it on every trip. Great for frying my bacon and taters and onions in the mornings and for anything else that might stink up the camper. Bought a folding stand for it last year to leave more room free on the picnic table. Have never had any problems. Still has the original generator.
2013 Flagstaff 27RLWS
2014 Ford F150 Ecoboost
30 nights in 2015 so far
roanmountaincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:35 PM   #16
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Can not go wrong with a Coleman Propane, Mine is 40 years old and still going strong.
x2, i got 4 of these old stoves. i was collecting them at one time.
haven a blast
toslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:44 PM   #17
Site Team
Originally Posted by Jerry01 View Post
Costco is selling this one for $169. Can't beat the price. Attachment 72451

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
That's a really good price. I paid more than that for my 2 burner Camp Chef from Camping World. And then I had to buy the griddle as a separate purchase! The camp chef's are great units and I can't recommend them more.

But I've got enough room for all that in my travel trailer. Since the OP has a popup, I'd recommend looking at standard Coleman propane stove. Used them for years with the scouts with never a problem. They pack well and are a great all around stove.
There's no use crying over spilled milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:15 PM   #18
I just got a 2 burner Camp Chef from Dicks Sporting goods on sale for $99

Camp Chef Explorer 2 Stove | DICK'S Sporting Goods
David & Lynn
2014 Coachmen Chaparral Signature 327 RLKS
2016 Ford F350 Lariat CC Dually
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:16 PM   #19
I found a Weber Q2000 at Lowes on the clearance table for 89.00 and love it. Bought a hose adapter and can run off a 20 lb bottle. I purchased a SS stove at Sam's Club for 99.00 and liked it, but it was too large and heavy, using it at home. I also have a portable induction stove that I use outside to cook on rather than in camper, it is electric. Good luck and great camping!
Fufys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 02:28 AM   #20
I've got the Camp Chef Weekender as well: : Camp Chef Sport Utility DJ-60LW Table Top Sport Stove : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Really like that it has the legs built in and folds into a compact case for stowing and transport.

It has the exact same burners as the Explorers and other Camp Chef stoves. Sure beats my old Coleman propane. No way could we use that thing to make spaghetti.

We also got a griddle that fits it just about perfectly from Costco (A nordicware cast aluminum for even heat). Makes awesome grilled sandwiches, fajitas and of course breakfast (french toast, pancakes, etc.)

Good luck. Can't really go wrong with any of the Camp Chefs for serious cooking.

2004 Toyota 4Runner Sport 4.7L V8 rated at 7000lbs towing.
2015 Rockwood Premier 2514G
2012 Aurora Wenonah 16' Canoe

Fly rods, telescopes, bikes, binoculars, collection of dirty boots...
boondoggled is offline   Reply With Quote