Old 08-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #71

We generally only stay at state of federal CG. Never has been a problem, and they love to go camping! Rat Terrier, Shiba Inu, Min-Schnauzer and Schipperke.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sarena, Pooh, Molly and Little Bit 001.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	17925   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sarena, Pooh, Molly and Little Bit 002.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	17926  

Old 08-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadianbob View Post
Totally! We have 2 small dogs that always go camping with us. People are surprised to see me walking the dogs as they would never know they are at the campsite otherwise.
i concur with you acadianbob!

our "boys", Murphy, a border collie/australian shepherd mix, and Kyle, a Black Labrador/Golden Retriever mix, always go with us. couldn't imagine a trip without them. they're well behaved, don't bark unless danger is present or imminent, and love to travel and walk around with us via leash around the CG. if they ain't welcome, apparently i ain't welcome. just my two cents. sorry if it sounded like a nickel's worth.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #73
Brigitte

First summer camping with our 3 dogs and have to say they are very good! We left them in trailer for only short times at first and tested yhem by walking way, driving away and walking around trailer. No barking.
Asked neighbours, no barking.
We've done quite a bit of camping this summer, and they are great. I think they are thankful for the breaks and naps when we are away lol.
Timbrens
boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:31 AM   #74

3 dogs and CG

Here are my "Barbarians" and my Tracer 2700 RES in "dog show" mode. And Mama dog enjoying her place. I managed to pack in 5 crates. Two girls don't need a crate. The spot was ideal. The dog show organizers were also the property owners. They actually made us a spot, next to the woods so that I could put out 2 drop lines. I have sleddog drop lines which are short so the dogs don't hurt themselves and I can put all 7 out together. What I discovered though was that one hated being outside, he wanted to go back after every walk into the camper and into his crate. And, the boys were for the most part too loud. So, most of the time, 4 girls were out and they were quieter than mice. They just enjoyed hanging out.
I made sure I left my key when I left, along with my cell phone number so that if there was a problem, I could return and take care of it. I did that 3 days and they told me all was good and quiet. But, I also gave each dog lots of walks along with the hanging out time. If I could find CGs that will take us, I'm sure they would find that we are less trouble than a single barking dog. Though, they did dig, which is something we have to work on. There it was fine, as it was sandy soil and I just scraped it back into the depressions. They like to make holes to lay in, as it's natural for a Siberian.

We are going out again this weekend to another show. This time, only 2 or maybe 3 dogs. The best part about dog showing is that you can pretty much take however many dogs you can handle.

I'm sure going to a CG we would not disturb anyone. But, most private cg owners would probably flip out if they heard the number. Not realizing that these are obedience or show trained dogs and they have good manners and because of the breed, are quiet.

I have realized that a different floor plan would have worked better, as would buying one with a table and chairs instead of the built in dinette. The 2800 RLD with a wardrobe slide and one slide in the rear with sofa and dining area would have worked better, as I could have removed two chairs and put 2 crates in there and then stacked crates where the dining furniture goes. I never eat on a dinette anyway. Right now, I sadly lack space for my clothes and that wardrobe and drawers would have been REALLY handy!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BarrieShowCamping1.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	17988   Click image for larger version

Name:	BarrieShowCamping2.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	17989  
4 Trips 70 nights
SibeTribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:57 AM   #75

Sue and Sibes,

Anyone who adores their dogs as you do must be caring loving person. Just as a point of reference they do make 46 footers for the rich and famous but your pups look quite content where they are.Wow that's getting the most per inch. They seem so calm.
CG are using common sense rather than reading from a rule book when judging dogs by their behavior rather than number or size.
Jayco Greyhawk 31ds 2012
Alan JS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:17 PM   #76

4 paws campground in Virginia allows people if accompied with a dog and does training.

Four Paws Kingdom - The best kept secret for Camping with your Dog!
Old 08-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #77

Yes, they are quite content. And they are my best buddies. Siberians are action dogs, but they are a little like Greyhounds in that they can do bursts of activity then happily hang out. They need more mental stimulation than your average dog. They get that at the dog show either doing obedience or conformation and getting to sniff all the "pee mail."

Hahaha...if I knew then what I know now, I'd probably have bought a monster bus several years ago. Now, it would take more than 15 minutes of fame! Though with this crew, we might be able to land a reality tv show! I saw a Georgetown with a huge master bed slide and then a bunk slide on the opposite side in the hallway that would have been absolutely perfect for my gang. The only problem with the configuration shown is that the stacked crates are in the way of my watching tv from the loveseat. I looked at taking out the loveseat, but the slide motor and equipment is underneath it, so it's raised off the floor and I could only put 2 crates in the space. I may in the future look at either getting a 2800 RLD or taking out the dinette.
4 Trips 70 nights
Old 08-13-2012, 01:23 PM   #78

I've seen this campground and heard good things about it. It's also near some Siberian acquaintances. Beautiful part of North Carolina too. I would love to go and since my dogs do obedience it might be just the thing for us!

4 Trips 70 nights