Old 01-15-2014, 04:03 PM   #11
Took Cinnamon to the Animal Control facility today, to meet Gus, the Jack Russell. He was WAY to eager to meet her, so she kept backing away from him.

Even though Gus was a little bigger and stronger than what I wanted, the Optimist in me, was almost ready to give in. As I was standing there talking to the Animal Control person, Gus walked around behind this guy, and peed on his pantleg!!!

So Gus made up my mind for me.

I'll be starting a new thread, telling about "Cinnamon's New Brother".....

Sargent's Fox Hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:24 AM   #12
Location: Boone Lake, TN 13 miles from Bristol Motor Speedway
Meet Ziva, our newest addition. She's a mix but still mostly Jack Russel Terrorist. I made the mistake of calling her a rat terrier the other day and DW acted as if I'd killed someone... Ziva does like to sleep on our laps between activities...

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.
trucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:51 AM   #13
Originally Posted by Sargent's Fox Hole View Post
Thinking about getting this boy from the Animal Control in my area, to be a playmate to my new-to-me dog, who has 'separation anxiety'. Doing some reading online about this breed....and it says they can be quite a handful.

So if there are any Jack Russell owners out there, I'd be grateful for your input.

Attachment 44931Attachment 44932Attachment 44933
I followed your posts about the separation anxiety issue, so I know you are a very dedicated dog owner. You went to extraordinary lengths to address that problem successfully (even when it seemed at times to be a lost cause), and I feel certain you'll figure out how to handle things if the Jack Russell starts out being less than perfect.

Based on your previous posts, I think you probably have time to devote toward working with a problem dog (if there is a problem) and the savvy to know where to turn if outside help is called for.

I hope you'll be willing to give this dog a chance, too.
2013 Surveyor SP220
2010 Silverado LT 5.3 V8

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:50 PM   #14
One reason that Jack's are so hyper is their breeding. Their sense of hearing is one of the best in the dog kingdom.
My son and daughter in law had one and I actually hated that dog, always jumping on me, very nippy,pushed the granddaughters over and not trainable by them.
We ended up with a Jack Russell, the only way you would know is by looking at him. He is NOT jumpy at all, not nippy, doesn't run all over the place. No it was not his training, even though he has had to have special training. He is DEAF. He doesn't hear the vermin under ground, he doesn't hear me call him, he is learning hand signs for his training. We take him camping and he is just fine, He gets along with the other animals that are at our house.
Al and Deb
Sarge, Sugar and Ginger
2006 Silverado "Predator"
2011 Greywolf 26rl "Wounded Wolf"
camped 2013 94 days 2014 24 days

nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:58 PM   #15
We have had two, and they do go 0 to 60 real fast, a lot of personality and very funny. Was great with our lab, I will own another one some day.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Forest River Forums mobile app

phillip252 is offline   Reply With Quote