Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2013, 11:48 PM   #21

Here is our cat roxy we have to take along there is no way we could leave her she is way to attached to me and the DW. Swear she has separation anxiety. But she loves to camp and is very good in the truck. We are about to be gone for a 9 day camping trip will her longest and ours but I'm sure all will go well with her.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-640060411.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	34995  
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:37 PM   #22
ETF

We travel with a 60 pound labradoodle. Our other dog has to be kenneled when we travel. It's not that she doesn't want to go, it's just that she gets travel sickness and no amount of medication helps. The labradoodle loves to go camping although she gets very territorial when we do. She gets protective about the MH and "her" area round about it. She's not vicious, growling or any thing like that but she will bark when someone approaches the RV or when they cut through our space.
ETF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #23

We bring 3 along, and since we got a seasonal spot this year... whipped together a little dog run that fits on my utility trailer. Way handier than 3 tangled dog leads now!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20130710_195844.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	35084  
Old 07-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #24

We bring up to 4 sets of dog pens and put them together around the MH. That way our two dogs can go in and out and are able to sit with us outside and be on a lead. Works great!

Name:	image-4021221620.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	35119

Name:	image-1304340126.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	35120
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
We bring up to 4 sets of dog pens and put them together around the MH. That way our two dogs can go in and out and are able to sit with us outside and be on a lead. Works great!
I meant NOT be on a lead!
Old 07-11-2013, 08:07 PM   #26

Pongo

Sure looks like out Pongo's twin, he is a make of course. He was not a house cat when brought him into our home. He has slowly become one and has been on two previous trips with us. If we take him to Goshen that will be our longest even for us. His problem in riding in the truck, we have some calming medication the vet gave us, think we need to give it to him before we start moving. When camped he is pretty good and takes to his leash and harness with excitement.
Wish us luck on our decision to take him along..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo700 View Post
Here is our cat roxy we have to take along there is no way we could leave her she is way to attached to me and the DW. Swear she has separation anxiety. But she loves to camp and is very good in the truck. We are about to be gone for a 9 day camping trip will her longest and ours but I'm sure all will go well with her.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PC280906.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	35131  
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #27
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo700 View Post
I've heard people say a cat is much smarter than a dog when left home along, that a dog will eat every smidgen of the first day even if they throw up for hours while the cat will ration his/her food and make it last until the owners come home.

Ain't true for all dogs though. Ours do very well for two or three days. Any longer than that we have our neighbor come over and let 'em out, (we carpet the living room with puppy pads) and check their food and water.

When we go to the area lakes DH comes home the second day to let 'me out.

For the TN trip Fred will go with us and the other 2 will be boarded. As stated earlier the cocker is very old (about 15) and is deaf as a brick. If she sneaked off we couldn't call her back.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #28

As you can see in our signature line, we camp with three. All are veteran campers, and ride well in the truck. LB , the Maltese, likes to bark at the big rigs as they pass. The other two sleep in the back seat. We wouldn't dream of leaving them home.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:45 PM   #29

We just came back from our maiden vouyage with our new to us tent trailer. We took our rabbit. He seemed to enjoy camping. We kept him in his cage at night (in the trailer) and made a pen for him during the day (outside).
deaners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:24 PM   #30

Cat Camping

This cat has a strange history. He came to us from a neighbor who found him as a kitten. For six or so years, he was an inside/outside cat that came and went as he preferred. He moved in with us a little over a year ago and still lived the same lifestyle. One night he decided he wanted to be our cat, so we adopted him from the neighbor. The cat started sleeping at night with us in the house all night and then going out in the morning. He would usually spend his days out and be there when we returned in the evenings. When we purchased the Crusader, we thought, hey this maybe a good time to introduce him to camping. He has been out with us twice. We have a harness for him and a leash, he seemed to take to it and loved to walk around, ten or so times a day. At night when he used his litter box, it sounded as if he were digging for gold. Riding in the truck was not very much fun for either of us, he continually cried most all the time, one time even did his duty in the back seat. So, we have decided he is not a Camping Kitty. Recently we took in another kitten, a little female, fixed of course, so far after five nights with both of them in the house, no one has had enough confidence to leave them alone. He weighs 16 pounds, the kitty probably a pound. We have a problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stg1 View Post
As you can see in our signature line, we camp with three. All are veteran campers, and ride well in the truck. LB , the Maltese, likes to bark at the big rigs as they pass. The other two sleep in the back seat. We wouldn't dream of leaving them home.
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #31

Almost 11 year old boxer for us. He lives to travel and about wags his rear end off when he sees his seat belt come our. We have a ramp to the motorhone for him (70 pounds).

Phil, Heather & Olaf the Boxer
Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #32
boatman

We travel with 3 Choclate Lab, english setter and an english pointer they love to go but are ready to head home in about 1 day.
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #33

Our Yorkie/Russel mix loves to go every where but our Yorkie pup is scared to near death. Any ideas what can settle her down??
Old 07-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #34
MI Camperz

What an adorable pair! We have a Yorkie poo who loves to travel, go in the golf cart, on the boat, jumps into the water to swim. BUT..she is a little afraid of big dogs. Wonder why. I would say start with short trips where you hold her and reward her. Make the trips bigger and longer.
Bring her favorite bed and toys on her little trips too! Whatever is rewarding and pleasing.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #35

We started taking her last year and she seemed fine with it then, But this year every time we go in the Motorhome with her she starts shaking and acting afraid. She's fine in the car.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:35 AM   #36

We travel with our 4 Jack/Chihuahua's....the reason we bought our 5th wheel!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:38 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
We started taking her last year and she seemed fine with it then, But this year every time we go in the Motorhome with her she starts shaking and acting afraid. She's fine in the car.
Maybe take her out to the camper in the drive way and not go anywhere, see if she finally decides its ok. Maybe even feed her in there? A thought, anyway..
Old 07-31-2013, 08:00 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowden FL View Post
We travel with our 4 Jack/Chihuahua's....the reason we bought our 5th wheel!
We are the same. We got into camping specifically because we got tired of boarding our pets while we went away on cruises or airline trips. Now we and they are much happier, and we travel more than ever.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:54 PM   #39

Last year we camped with Hunter our Goldendoodle. He had just turned 1 year old at the beginning of the camping season.

Lots of walks and swimming. He loved it, but when at the campsite he was always on guard and ready to protect us whenever he heard a noise. So when we got back to the house in the city he'd sleep for about 3 days straight.

This past fall we acquired Chase a Labardoodle. He'll be about 8 months old when we start camping this season. Chase was born while camping. The breeder told us Chase's mother was overdue and they had a camping trip planned, so they took the mother along. She gave birth to the litter at the campsite. So hopefully Chase will be a natural at camping when we head out this season.

Hunter was tethered when at the campsite. He had quite a bit of room to roam, but would get tangled up with trees etc. I see in this thread some have put multiple crates together to give the dogs a portable run. I'd like to do the same thing especially with the 2 dogs being with us this season.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:08 PM   #40

A 5# Yorkie, 60# Boxer and a 5# Rabbit. All good campers
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote