Originally Posted by Weezer
I created a group on FB for doxie lovers, and one of my members posted this today:
She went to her vet for annual shots for her pup and the vet told her that another of her patients had their dog get stung by a wasp. The owner quickly grabbed their own "epi pen" and injected it into the dog.
Within seconds the dog expired. Vet asked that she share it with everyone she could.
Epi pens are fatal for dogs!
Thanks for this, got to get a new script for my pens.
I would never use my pen on my dog, a dose for a 170 pound man is way too much for a 70 pound dog! My guess is that poor pet owner just got scared and didn't think.
I got stung by a hornet a year ago and spent 3 days in the hospital with a tube in me. Never had a problem before that day but I stopped breathing while on the phone with 911 that day. The paramedic and local police found me out on the floor! You just never know! I use to have bee hives, 7 of them, and never had a problem with getting stung. I know a bee and a hornets venom is different but you never know what is going to happen. Less than 5 minutes and I was technically dead! Let me tell you it is one scary felling!