Old 01-23-2014, 01:43 PM   #1

Chihuahua owners....

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	45303 This is my newest furry family member, Sugar. In this past week since I got him from a Rescue group, he is finding his 'place' in my home and with my other dog, Cinnamon.

Name:	sugar1.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	45304

My 'late' Chihuahua used to lay by the heat registers during the winters, and I was surprised to see Sugar do the same thing.

Name:	sugar 2.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	45305

So I threw down some old t-shirts for him to lay on, cause Chihuahuas love to be comfy....and now I always know where to find him.

My question to other Chihuahua owners....do your dogs lay by the heat registers also, or did I happen to have 2 dogs that had the same quirky habit?

Old 01-23-2014, 01:53 PM   #2
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent's Fox Hole View Post
Attachment 45303 This is my newest furry family member, Sugar. In this past week since I got him from a Rescue group, he is finding his 'place' in my home and with my other dog, Cinnamon.

Attachment 45304

My 'late' Chihuahua used to lay by the heat registers during the winters, and I was surprised to see Sugar do the same thing.

Attachment 45305

So I threw down some old t-shirts for him to lay on, cause Chihuahuas love to be comfy....and now I always know where to find him.

My question to other Chihuahua owners....do your dogs lay by the heat registers also, or did I happen to have 2 dogs that had the same quirky habit?
Never owned one - but he's a beautiful dog. Maybe he smells the scent of your last Chihuahua laying by the register.

Love the second photo of him with his front paws folded.

Old 01-23-2014, 02:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Never owned one - but he's a beautiful dog. Maybe he smells the scent of your last Chihuahua laying by the register.

Love the second photo of him with his front paws folded.
Yeah, his legs are especially long for a Chihuahua. You know the cartoon, 'Bambi" when his just learning to walk, especially on ice....that's what Sugar looks like sometimes. I have to laugh when he crosses his front legs.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:06 PM   #4
B47

Quote:
Yeah, his legs are especially long for a Chihuahua. You know the cartoon, 'Bambi" when his just learning to walk, especially on ice....that's what Sugar looks like sometimes. I have to laugh when he crosses his front legs.
Ah - don't make fun of him he's just being polite when he crosses his front legs.

Thank you for rescuing him.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:41 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Suppose there related?

Cute dog nonetheless..

TURBS

dog wisperer
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1390509705361.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	45311  
Old 01-23-2014, 03:54 PM   #6
Engineer of Crazy Train

Here is our 3.8lb Chihuahua Jordan. She is a Mama's girl. She is not fond of me for some reason, even though I am always nice to her. She is finally, after 2 years after rescueing her, warming up to me. But, when camping, she sees me as a different person, where she lays with me and lets and acts like I am a best friend. Back home, she gets timid again and sticks with Mama.
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:17 PM   #7

warm Chihuahua

Quote:
Attachment 45303 This is my newest furry family member, Sugar. In this past week since I got him from a Rescue group, he is finding his 'place' in my home and with my other dog, Cinnamon.

Attachment 45304

Attachment 45305

Glad to see the picture WE thought we had a wacky dog. If he could he would crawl in the vent. He just loves it there. We just got a 5 month old Chihuahua and he has not taken to the vent yet
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20140123_160054.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	45312  
Old 01-23-2014, 10:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNMM1VETERAN View Post
Glad to see the picture WE thought we had a wacky dog. If he could he would crawl in the vent. He just loves it there. We just got a 5 month old Chihuahua and he has not taken to the vent yet
It must be in the chihuahua genes, wanting to be warm....they must miss Mexico!
Old 01-23-2014, 10:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChooMan74 View Post
Here is our 3.8lb Chihuahua Jordan. She is a Mama's girl. She is not fond of me for some reason, even though I am always nice to her. She is finally, after 2 years after rescueing her, warming up to me. But, when camping, she sees me as a different person, where she lays with me and lets and acts like I am a best friend. Back home, she gets timid again and sticks with Mama.
Pretty little girl...does she lie down next to the register or electric heater? As far as her being a Mama's girl...it kind of seems that they bond most with the person who sits and has a lap for them....Maybe at home you are just too busy to sit and when you are camping, you are chillin'....therefore a lap for Jordan!
Old 01-23-2014, 11:11 PM   #10

My two don't have a regiter (ours is in the ceiling) but do love their blankies. But mostly want in my lap.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	81410 014.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	45329   Click image for larger version

Name:	81410 017.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	45330   Click image for larger version

Name:	81410 003.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	45331  

2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote