Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2014, 08:43 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 476
No problem here with "Reacher" getting into a cubby hole. He's a Maine Coon and all of 20 pounds. He rides in a large carrier with his litter box. Plenty of room to move around in there. He has free roaming privileges when we are set up but not before. Favorite place to chill... Front windshield where he keeps an eye out for anything he thinks is a problem. When he sees something of note, he calls and we have to look out to see what's he's worried about. What a personality. He's his own man to be sure.
__________________

__________________
Gary, Cindy, Reacher (Maine Coon), and Vivian (in spirit only now).
Retired: July 31st, 2013 and loving it.
__________________________________________
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:53 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
clancythecamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
Make sure they are IN YOUR SIGHT before operating the slides, since they love hiding places.
Absolutely!
__________________

__________________
clancythecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:01 PM   #13
NELA
 
Weezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll View Post
No problem here with "Reacher" getting into a cubby hole. He's a Maine Coon and all of 20 pounds. He rides in a large carrier with his litter box. Plenty of room to move around in there. He has free roaming privileges when we are set up but not before. Favorite place to chill... Front windshield where he keeps an eye out for anything he thinks is a problem. When he sees something of note, he calls and we have to look out to see what's he's worried about. What a personality. He's his own man to be sure.
(chuckle) Reacher, eh? Named after Jack Reacher?

I LOVE those books! I've read every one in the series. HATED Tom Cruise in the movie though. He's way too short and Jack the character is A BIG MAN!

oops, I went way off topic.
__________________

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:48 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
(chuckle) Reacher, eh? Named after Jack Reacher?

I LOVE those books! I've read every one in the series. HATED Tom Cruise in the movie though. He's way too short and Jack the character is A BIG MAN!

oops, I went way off topic.
Exactly my take. Exactly. Cruise was just wrong for the part. I also read them all, back to back and in order. Someone needs to cuff Lee Child to a keyboard so he can pound out more. Eighteen books (is that the number) are not enough. Need more. Lol

We need T shirts that say, I know Reacher.

Gary
__________________
Gary, Cindy, Reacher (Maine Coon), and Vivian (in spirit only now).
Retired: July 31st, 2013 and loving it.
__________________________________________
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:04 AM   #15
NELA
 
Weezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll View Post
Exactly my take. Exactly. Cruise was just wrong for the part. I also read them all, back to back and in order. Someone needs to cuff Lee Child to a keyboard so he can pound out more. Eighteen books (is that the number) are not enough. Need more. Lol

We need T shirts that say, I know Reacher.

Gary
HAH! I like the way you think! I also think this world could benefit from a few hundred real life Jack Reachers.

Git er done!

I swore no more pets after the two we have now pass on, but dog gone I'd love to name a boxer Reacher. Or I could go totally "wrong" and name a Yorkie Reacher. /snark

You see what ya did, don't ya? You named a Main Coon cat Reacher and he's takin' on the correct personality to go with it.
__________________

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:17 AM   #16
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
(chuckle)...I LOVE those books! I've read every one in the series. HATED Tom Cruise in the movie though. He's way too short and Jack the character is A BIG MAN!...
X2 Cruise was horrible. 6'5" 250# to 5'5" 140#. Gimme a break. I've read all his books also.

Try David Baldacci's series.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:38 AM   #17
NELA
 
Weezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
X2 Cruise was horrible. 6'5" 250# to 5'5" 140#. Gimme a break. I've read all his books also.

Try David Baldacci's series.
Now see? I *knew* there was a reason I like you OC!

I've read some of Baldacci's books. Right now I'm reading a series about a game warden in Wyoming, they're INTENSE! Also includes a character similar to Reacher. Author is C.J. Box.

Check out Greg Iles. He writes about crime in Natchez, Jackson, Vicksburg, MS. Easy for me to connect with the locations. Just finished his newest: Natchez Burning

Dang, I'm gonna get zapped for being OT, so....how's that kitty cat Reacher doin' this mornin'?
__________________

__________________

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cat

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 PM.