Old 07-19-2014, 02:29 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewjaz View Post
Thank you for the head's up. Didn't know this. I will avoid KOA campgrounds at all costs because of their breed restrictions. Even if I had two sweet, quiet beagles I wouldn't stay in one. They won't get a dime from me.
X2

Old 07-19-2014, 02:45 PM   #102
NELA

dang, that's a long list of excluded breeds.

The "pit bull terrier" is confusing.

This is a "bull terrier". I've only seen one of these in my life. Aggressive? hell yes...extremely so.
Attached Images

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:52 PM   #103
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I am just guessing that they are covering all angles
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 03:00 PM   #104
NELA

I should edit my comment to reflect;

the ONE bull terrier I encountered was extremely aggressive....not claiming they all are or would be.

The owner of that one was very pleased that his dog was mean as a snake.

Odd looking things, with that "Roman nose".

Old 07-19-2014, 03:26 PM   #105

Before I post this, please know that I love dogs, especially the 2 rescue Shelties we have had for 8 and 11 years... But I know that they are animals, and that one of them is very protective, especially of my DW.

I have to roll my eyes at the folks that talk about how wonderfully behaved their dog is, and regardless of breed, wouldn't hurt a flea. My nephew had a large dog for several years. This dog never showed any aggression of any kind... until it killed a 3-year-old girl. The child's parents lived 3 doors down and across the street. She came into the back yard by herself and woke the dog. It instantly attacked her and killed her very quickly. My nephew saw the attack and couldn't get out there soon enough to stop it. The dog was tied with a heavy nylon leash to a 10" diameter tree, in my nephew's parents-in-law back yard.

The law suit was against my nephew and his parents-in-law. Granted, the child's parents were actually at fault, in my opinion, for not watching their daughter. I thought they should have been brought up on child-neglect charges. The parents settled for the maximum liability from both insurers... and the lawyers got a big payday for filing some papers...

This sad chain of events shows why insurers and insured camp grounds are picky about dogs. As to the dogs... I love them all, and they all seem to love me. Their owners are sometimes very responsible people... sometimes not. It just seems that some people think rules are for everyone else... but not them... Therein lies the problem...
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:29 PM   #106
the-the-the- The GRINCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
....Their owners are sometimes very responsible people... sometimes not. It just seems that some people think rules are for everyone else... but not them... Therein lies the problem...
AMEN!

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:39 PM   #107
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
Before I post this, please know that I love dogs, especially the 2 rescue Shelties we have had for 8 and 11 years... But I know that they are animals, and that one of them is very protective, especially of my DW.

I have to roll my eyes at the folks that talk about how wonderfully behaved their dog is, and regardless of breed, wouldn't hurt a flea. My nephew had a large dog for several years. This dog never showed any aggression of any kind... until it killed a 3-year-old girl. The child's parents lived 3 doors down and across the street. She came into the back yard by herself and woke the dog. It instantly attacked her and killed her very quickly. My nephew saw the attack and couldn't get out there soon enough to stop it. The dog was tied with a heavy nylon leash to a 10" diameter tree, in my nephew's parents-in-law back yard.

The law suit was against my nephew and his parents-in-law. Granted, the child's parents were actually at fault, in my opinion, for not watching their daughter. I thought they should have been brought up on child-neglect charges. The parents settled for the maximum liability from both insurers... and the lawyers got a big payday for filing some papers...

This sad chain of events shows why insurers and insured camp grounds are picky about dogs. As to the dogs... I love them all, and they all seem to love me. Their owners are sometimes very responsible people... sometimes not. It just seems that some people think rules are for everyone else... but not them... Therein lies the problem...
My heart goes out to your nephew, his in-laws and the parents of the little girl. It was "the perfect storm", the child didn't know what could happen, the dog was asleep, was startled awake and went into defense mode.

IMO, this topic is/should be a "wrap" with this tragic first hand experience.

Old 07-19-2014, 06:41 PM   #108
the-the-the- The GRINCH!

I agree. Let's close this thread.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:22 AM   #109
Site Team

My heart goes out to all involved there as well. This is also a big part of why I'm a believer in not leaving dogs tied out unattended. There is actually a higher rate of attacks/bites in dogs who live outside vs dogs who are in home pets. I agree with the above posters, I think this thread has run its course and we have all said our piece and agreed to disagree. Let's close it while it still lies in a civil place.

asquared is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mpg