Old 07-13-2014, 09:51 AM   #81

I have a well behaved tiger, she's super sweet and wouldn't hurt a flea. Most campers love taking pictures with her. Jk folks

Old 07-13-2014, 10:08 AM   #82
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

Our travelling companions usually don't cause any problems 'cause they're such good nappers.

2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:23 AM   #83
Site Team

as stated above, rules are rules. While I don't agree with them (I will leave it as that to stay back on topic and not beat a dead horse), it is their campground and their policy so they should be respected while you are on their property. if you had a dog where the breeding could be questioned as not being one of the dogs on the list I might suggest trying it (ie dog is a Shepard lab mix, doesn't look like a Shepard and vet records say lab mix). problem is when a dog looks their breed (ie the above mentioned rottie) then it is a blatant violation and can get you get out. I would personally bypass and go to a campground that has a more open dog policy.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:58 AM   #84

One of my favorite sights is large dog breed on leash being walked by child, half the dog's weight. No parents in picture.

We walk our two little guys in public almost daily. We have also observed that the larger the dog, the less likely the owner is to clean-up after and to use a leash.

Seasonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:04 AM   #85
NELA

We have also observed that the larger the dog, the less likely the owner is to clean-up after and to use a leash.

X eleventy

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:53 PM   #86
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_crib_too View Post
One of my favorite sights is large dog breed on leash being walked by child, half the dog's weight. No parents in picture.

We walk our two little guys in public almost daily. We have also observed that the larger the dog, the less likely the owner is to clean-up after and to use a leash.
I agree that a small child walking a dog (large or small ) without a parent is a horrible idea.

I have to say, I usually see just as many piles of small dog poop not picked up as I do large dog poop. And yes, I walk my dog on a leash. I keep a bag dispenser on my leash and extra bags in the rig at all times. I do not let my 7 yr old 42 lb dd walk my 60 lb year old dog unless my hand is on that leash as well. Sadly for all of us it is not the responsible dog owners that get us into these predicaments and debates.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:31 PM   #87

Dog Breed Restrictions at Campgrounds

Dogs so many times are a result of their owners and environment. I have a male lab pit that is a 3 year old. So much lab and excitement in him. He even bows down to our yorkie. Never a mean bone in him. I take that as a compliment to how he was raised. So many have been raised badly or just have something in their personal nature and they have issues. Unfortunately you have or error in the side of caution though with a dog you do not know.

Sent from my iPad 6 using Forest River Forums
Old 07-14-2014, 09:13 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
corkybird,

Your question seems to indicate you'd risk sneaking a dog in that is prohibited? I'd hate to arrive at a park site, go thru all the contortions of getting all set up, just to be evicted once someone finds out we have a dog that is not allowed, especially at night.

That can and *does* happen. Sometimes it's not even a dog specifically prohibited, but rather because of its lack of training and/or behavior. I saw that happen in Pigeon Forge, as I stated up-thread.

They're rules, not suggestions. Always call ahead if you have a pet you "think" might be a problem.

(chuckle) sneaking Fred in isn't an option....he's always standing with his paws on the truck door's arm rest....SO excited to be there!

Thank you very much for the input, we will not be going to a KOA.

We Have These Moments to Remember...

corkybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:23 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_crib_too View Post

I usually have the biggest dog at the campground. 180lbs of a lapdog. I immediately pick up after my pup.

I think your statement would be better if it said "The more likely someone doesn't pick up after thier dog, the more of a stupid a**hole they are." Make a more sense to me.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:30 PM   #90
NELA

I bought a really handy little "doggie bag" dispenser for Fred. It's shaped like a fat bone (about 3" in length) and holds a roll of small sized bags inside, with a handy snap hook so you can attach it to the dog's leash. Got it at PetSmart, IIRC.

NO excuse to not pick up after your pets, especially since most RV parks that I've been to have bag dispensers (free bags...come on!) near the dog play areas.

Gotta love it when other campers let their dogs mosey on over into your site space to pee and poop.

Seriously?
Attached Images

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mpg